FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to nuke settings and start over?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tigahawk

Post Tue May 23, 2017 3:22 pm

How to nuke settings and start over?

Allo.

Have tried and failed with setting up ISB / Innerspace / ISB Eve launcher.

How do i clear ALL the settings for both so i can start from scratch?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue May 23, 2017 4:07 pm

Re: How to nuke settings and start over?

In ISBoxer, use the File Menu, select Clear. Then Export to Inner Space. It will export a clear profile.

To remove all Inner Space game profiles, exit Inner Space, then delete C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\GameConfiguration.xml
<<

tigahawk

Post Tue May 23, 2017 4:43 pm

thanks heaps! will give it a crack when i get home.

I got it working first time around, they all launched and appeared in their correct positioning but all clients except the first one had a black screen. DX9 was checked so i unchecked it. I also ticked to save passwords as i entered them all in manually the first time around.

After i did that it would only launch the first client and not the rest. Attempting to launch the others one by one (launcher closed after first client opened) it would just stick them in slot 1, then many profiles and attempts where it would just crash later i decided i should give up and start again from a clean slate.

hmm... just thinking now i wonder if the black screens were not DX9 but because eve was set to open in a fixed window? does it need to be set to windowed mode?
<<

bob

Post Tue May 23, 2017 9:00 pm

tigahawk wrote:I got it working first time around, they all launched and appeared in their correct positioning but all clients except the first one had a black screen. DX9 was checked so i unchecked it.
If you are on a laptop, then you will need to use a VideoFX window layout. I mention this as this is normally the other reason why you get black screens on the smaller client viewers

tigahawk wrote:Attempting to launch the others one by one (launcher closed after first client opened) it would just stick them in slot 1
This is common when the launcher is not in fact closed, but rather minimized, or if you are using the ISboxer EVE Launcher, by not letting Inner Space launch each one and rather using the big button Launch with Inner Space, which is a "dynamic mode" launch, which if you can avoid it, is preferable not to use.

The instructions for setup of the ISBoxer EVE Launcher are covered in a few places. You should use the ones under "Recommendations for ISBoxer" on the GitHub page. There is an expanded version of those here, where I went through step by step and detailed each action.ick them in slot 1[/quote]This is common when the launcher is not in fact closed, but rather minimized, or if you are using the ISboxer EVE Launcher, by not letting Inner Space launch each one and rather using the big button Launch with Inner Space, which is a "dynamic mode" launch, which if you can avoid it, is preferable not to use.

The instructions for setup of the ISBoxer EVE Launcher are covered in a few places. You should use the ones under "Recommendations for ISBoxer" on the GitHub page. There is an expanded version of those here, where I went through step by step and detailed each action (this is still correct AFAIK, but I'm not keeping it up to date or anything, so any discrepancies and you should refer back to the GitHub page).
<<

tigahawk

Post Wed May 24, 2017 3:01 am

Thanks for your instructions!

Clean slate and a few hours worth of attempts later...

First launch after following your instructions and configuring the window layouts it launched 80% ok. The first 3 clients launched into their correct positions. Then the 4th loaded where the 3rd client was, so i cancelled the launch of the 5th.

After re-checking the window regions (everything looked like i set it up fine first time around?) saving again and giving it another go, the 1st client loads into the position of the 2nd client.

I then tried giving each client it's own swap group to match it's region. From that point it ignored the first 3 clients and only launched the remaining 2, loading them into slots 2 and 3. I reset it back to the default swap groups / regions and it continued the same behaviour.

Noting that when it started going completely off track, it seemed to be ignoring ISB settings. It was showing the FPS in the top left corner when i have that option unchecked for the team.

I'm running a desktop PC, 3x 1920x1080 27" monitors with a Nvidia GTX970 gfx card. I'm trying to get it setup so 1 client is in the middle monitor full screen, and the other 4 split between the 2 side monitors 50/50 each. After i get it to behave when launching i'd like to setup swapping either by a G key or keyboard and mouse click combo to get it to switch that client to the main monitor.

My antivirus is AVG free and i did try disabling it, it did not change anything.

Any clues as to what is going on here? It's almost like the profile is getting corrupted after the first launch?

https://pastebin.com/gd4uRWNV <--- for profile export

thanks again for your help!
<<

bob

Post Wed May 24, 2017 3:07 am

When you launch the team, you should right click the Inner Space icon in the system tray, goto ISBoxer Character Sets and then select your Team name.

Are you doing this ?

Some of your other issues sound like Inner Space still thinks sessions (read processes) are active. You will need to check in Task Manager that everything is closed down correctly before you attempt to relaunch.
<<

tigahawk

Post Wed May 24, 2017 4:09 am

Yep that was how i was launching, and ahh hahh! exefiles in the process list.

Killed them and retried, it launches from the first client. yay!

The first client is still loading up and only taking up of 1/2 of the main monitor, even tho it's set to the whole screen. 2nd client loads in the right spot, the remaining 3 load in the same place as the first client.

I have tried giving each slot it's own slot group, and re-checked their home region slot is in the right place

I have tried with DX9 selected and unselected.

Video FX to show inactive windows is also ticked. Any idea what's going on with the window placement?

Edit** just tried turning video FX off and giving it a go, they all loaded in their correct spots but everything but the 1st client was black :S

editedit** Went back in and re-checked the window wizard, videoFX was set to off, so re-did it with on and re-enabled video FX, retried, still black screens. Went back in to the wizard again, VideoFX was off? Re-did it again. Same thing, when i go back into the wizard and select the existing profile video FX is showing as false. turned it on again. tried enabling DX9, woo no black screen! However client 3 onwards is loading on the 1st monitor in the left half :|

Return to EVE Online