FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

odd problem with eveonline multiple accounts

Moderator: MiRai

<<

toepick

Post Fri May 19, 2017 6:01 am

Re: odd problem with eveonline multiple accounts

When I checked the Inner Space settings they were both on; so I took off the background limiter. But as you said the limiter doesn't seem to be working. I have no idea how to set up virtual files though.. In the ISBoxer Toolkit under Virtual Files there is:

--settings/
--cookies

under each is a list of all my characters

Was this something perhaps set up when I started using the EVE Online Launcher for ISBoxer? And would they override any of those settings?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri May 19, 2017 7:32 am

toepick wrote: I have no idea how to set up virtual files though.. In the ISBoxer Toolkit under Virtual Files there is:

--settings/
--cookies

under each is a list of all my characters

Was this something perhaps set up when I started using the EVE Online Launcher for ISBoxer? And would they override any of those settings?

Are you like having two different conversations? No one mentioned virtual files earlier in this thread....
<<

toepick

Post Fri May 19, 2017 9:59 am

No.. sorry by bad.. just got the two confused.. I know nothing about scripts so none of those.. I saw the virtual files thing and just got confused :?
<<

bob

Post Fri May 19, 2017 2:56 pm

Righto then.
In that case. Leaving the Inner Space settings alone (or setting them to both be 60/60). Have you tried just setting the Foreground limiter in ISboxer, to something, say 60FPS, and having the background limiter not ticked?

And seeing as we are like this far into it and I haven't asked. Can you get us a compatibility diagnostic.
<<

toepick

Post Fri May 19, 2017 11:58 pm

Just got home from work.. here is the test result: https://pastebin.com/TT1kskX4

I will mess around with the settings as you suggested...just need to crack a beer or two first lol

edit: oh, i am using nvidia drivers from a few updates ago as they recently released new ones right around the time all this started so i wanted to roll them back to see if that changed anything..it didn't :/
<<

bob

Post Sat May 20, 2017 12:44 am

I was just looking for obvious things. These days programs update themselves all the time, with and without informing you.
Take the below as you will. At this time we have 2 people out of all the ISBoxer EVE players reporting similar FPS issue scenarios. Unfortunately (for you that is) it doesn't appear to be playerbase wide, so it would appear to be more localised to your computer(s).

So, my assessment on the paste is:

Despite all the various Application Compatibility flags, nothing there looks to be a problem.
The only hook you have in the EVE Launcher is Avast, so you could try putting an exclude on that, as well as exefile.exe (i.e. do this in Avast so it doesn't do realtime protection scans/hooks - it will still scan these things with a full system scan)

Another final option would be to shutdown some/all the unnecessary stuff that you don't need to multibox. If it's an app or service you don't use, then get rid of it. There is many things running on your computer that might explain it.

If you don't absolutely need the following, shut them down, or uninstall.
Code:
2. AISuite3.exe - Process ID: 4368 (C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III\AISuite3.exe) [Admin:YES] [x86] [1.0.0.0] [ASUSTeK Computer Inc.]
7. aswidsagenta.exe - Process ID: 7956 [Admin:??]
10. AvastSvc.exe - Process ID: 2524 [Admin:??]
11. AvastUI.exe - Process ID: 9788 (C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastUI.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [17.4.3482.0] [AVAST Software] [Avast Antivirus]
12. BingSvc.exe - Process ID: 9352 (C:\Users\CLaw\AppData\Local\Microsoft\BingSvc\BingSvc.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [1.0.6.0] [© 2015 Microsoft Corporation] [Microsoft Bing Service]
17. DipAwayMode.exe - Process ID: 4268 (C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III\DIP4\DIPAwayMode\DipAwayMode.exe) [Admin:YES] [x86] [6/13/2014 5:44:52 AM]
27. EzUpdt.exe - Process ID: 4316 (C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III\EZ Update\EzUpdt.exe) [Admin:YES] [x86] [10/9/2014 1:30:30 AM]
33. GameBarPresenceWriter.exe - Process ID: 14988 (C:\Windows\System32\GameBarPresenceWriter.exe) [Admin:NO] [x64] [10.0.15063.0 (WinBuild.160101.0800)] [Microsoft Corporation] [Gamebar Presence Writer]
44. LWEMon.exe - Process ID: 9356 (C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\LWEMon.exe) [Admin:NO] [x64] [5.10.127] [Logitech Inc.] [Logitech WingMan Event Monitor]
49. MSIAfterburner.exe - Process ID: 4280 (C:\OC Tools\MSI Afterburner\MSIAfterburner.exe) [Admin:YES] [x86] [4, 1, 1, 7625] [MSIAfterburner]
50. mylbx.exe - Process ID: 8800 (C:\Program Files\My Lockbox\mylbx.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [3.9.1.611] [FSPro Labs] [My Lockbox]
55. NVIDIA Share.exe - Process ID: 12012 (C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\NVIDIA Share.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [56.2924.1538.1] [NVIDIA Corporation] [NVIDIA Share]
56. NVIDIA Share.exe - Process ID: 12316 (C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA GeForce Experience\NVIDIA Share.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [56.2924.1538.1] [NVIDIA Corporation] [NVIDIA Share]
57. NVIDIA Web Helper.exe - Process ID: 12368 (C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NvNode\NVIDIA Web Helper.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [6.9.5] [Node.js] [NVIDIA Web Helper Service]
58. nvspcaps64.exe - Process ID: 9248 (C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\ShadowPlay\nvspcaps64.exe) [Admin:NO] [x64] [3.6.0.74] [NVIDIA Corporation] [NVIDIA Capture Server]
59. nvsphelper64.exe - Process ID: 11868 (C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\ShadowPlay\nvsphelper64.exe) [Admin:NO] [x64] [3.6.0.74] [NVIDIA Corporation] [NVIDIA ShadowPlay Helper]
63. ProfilerU.exe - Process ID: 6472 (C:\Program Files\Saitek\SD6\Software\ProfilerU.exe) [Admin:NO] [x64] [6.0.5.12] [Saitek] [Saitek SST Profile Launcher]
64. PushNoticeMonitor.exe - Process ID: 8924 (C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III\Push Notice\PushNoticeMonitor.exe) [Admin:YES] [x86] [1.0.1.2]
65. PushNotify_PCCtrl.exe - Process ID: 6880 (C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III\Push Notice\PushNotify_PCCtrl.exe) [Admin:YES] [x64] [1.0.0.0] [PushNotify_PCCtrl]
66. PushNotifyServer.exe - Process ID: 4116 (C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III\Push Notice\PushNotifyServer.exe) [Admin:YES] [x86] [1.0.0.1] [ASUSTeK Computer Inc.] [ASUS Push Notice Server]
71. SaiMfd.exe - Process ID: 5792 (C:\Program Files\Saitek\SD6\Software\SaiMfd.exe) [Admin:NO] [x64] [6.0.5.12] [Saitek] [Saitek MFD File System Driver]
72. Samsung Magician.exe - Process ID: 8936 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Samsung Magician\Samsung Magician.exe) [Admin:YES] [x86] [4, 5, 1, 65] [Samsung Electronics.] [Samsung Magician Application]
73. SamsungRapidApp.exe - Process ID: 6160 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\RAPID\CacheFilter\SamsungRapidApp.exe) [Admin:NO] [x64] [1.0.1.81 built by: WinDDK] [Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.] [Samsung RAPID Mode Notification Utility]
74. SamsungRapidSvc.exe - Process ID: 3556 (C:\WINDOWS\system32\RAPID\SamsungRapidSvc.exe) [Admin:NO] [x64]
166. X55_Rhino_Profiler.exe - Process ID: 10108 (C:\Program Files\Mad Catz\X-55 Rhino\X55_Rhino_Profiler.exe) [Admin:NO] [x64] [7.0.41.10] [Mad Catz] [X-55 Rhino Profiler]
168. XtuService.exe - Process ID: 14276 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Extreme Tuning Utility\XtuService.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [5.2.0.14] [Intel(R) Corporation] [XtuService]

Note: some of these might be tricky to get shutdown, and others are a bit of a merry chase (usually uninstalling, and if needed a custom install to get only basic drivers or services back on). Some may even be required for you, depending on how your computer is configured. I can only report that they are unnecessary for actually running a basic install for testing.
<<

toepick

Post Sat May 20, 2017 1:09 pm

Tested a few different combinations on the fps limiters.. the best seems to be turning the Inner Space ones off and setting foreground to 60 and just leaving the background ones off. Funny thing is that sometimes my background FPS will be higher than the foreground one.. So I might play around with the numbers some more but otherwise.. having it set up this way the game is playable again.. which is fantastic!! So thanks a TON for helping!!

Some of those services are related to the motherboard management.. case fans.. gpu overclocking (the msi bunner.. which I use for fans on the gfx card.. seemed to work better than others.. card itself is only slightly more overclocked than how it came from evga). Several of those I will track down tho as I am sure I don't need them.

Still amazes me how much whatever they changed in eve effected my system. I know they added some lighting changes with the new stars.. but hard to believe it put 'that' much more stress on my system as a whole.. I suppose it could just be a combination of Windows 10 updates (up to and including that Creators update) And the eve changes which all seemed to hit around the same time??

Anywho.. at least I can play now while I continue to tweak things.. again thank you!
Previous

Return to EVE Online