FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Profile settings not saving with ISBEL

Moderator: MiRai

<<

oxigun

Post Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:48 am

Profile settings not saving with ISBEL

I have managed to get all the clients to load properly via the ISBEL and InnerSpace resizes and docks the client windows as specified in the settings.
I can also see the new Virtual Files being created in the same folder as the regular Launcher Profile files. However, every time I load the same set of toons, some of the settings fail to save. For example, I always get the intro movie and I always get music. When i uncheck the boxes and set music volume to 0, the settings apparently don't save properly for next time.

Is anyone else having this problem and can you direct me on how to fix it? I have looked at permissions but since I can see the files being created, i don't understand why the settings won't stick..
<<

dontask

Post Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:34 pm

Re: Profile settings not saving with ISBEL

When the launcher was working for me, I did launch the clients directly using the "launch with innerbox" button and get an initial profile, I then exited and managed to have all of my settings saved.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:21 am

Are you loading via the Inner Space context menu??

ie. Right click the Inner Space icon in the notification area (formerly known as the System Tray), select ISBoxer Character Sets -> name of your Character Set?

If you are using any other method, then it is possible the virtual files are not actually in use.
<<

oxigun

Post Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:59 pm

I tried using the innerspace context menu but it only launched two clients, put both windows in the same place then stopped.
I now use the context menu to select the set and then use ISBEL to launch the clients. This appears to work more smoothly. I have deleted the virtual file and I was watched it being created so I know it's being used. This method has worked very consistently and with multiple character sets.

After repeated uses, it now appears that the settings finally register I don't want to watch the movie but I still get music. This is not a deal breaker, I can change the settings manually and go about the rest of my business. It appears all of the other settings are maintained and they do not interfere with my regular Eve Launcher settings, which was the purpose of the exercise.

Thanks for working on this, it's still the best Eve window management software out there.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:20 pm

oxigun wrote:I tried using the innerspace context menu but it only launched two clients, put both windows in the same place then stopped.

I now use the context menu to select the set and then use ISBEL to launch the clients.

If you've got it set correctly, selecting it in the IS menu will launch the whole team, and they will fall into your Window Layout.

Sounds like you've probably missed a bold item on step 7. You can re-do this step and it will over-write the original account-specific Game Profiles.

Return to EVE Online