FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Isboxer eve launcher error message

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ericade001

Post Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:01 am

Isboxer eve launcher error message

Worked fine last night, now today I keep getting this:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: String
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Int32.Parse(String s)
at ISBoxerEVELauncher.EVEAccount.Token..ctor(Uri fromUri) in c:\Users\here\Desktop\evestuff\ISBoxerEVELauncher-master\ISBoxerEVELauncher-master\EVEAccount.cs:line 48
at ISBoxerEVELauncher.EVEAccount.GetAccessToken(Boolean sisi, HttpWebRequest req, Token& accessToken) in c:\Users\here\Desktop\evestuff\ISBoxerEVELauncher-master\ISBoxerEVELauncher-master\EVEAccount.cs:line 912
at ISBoxerEVELauncher.EVEAccount.GetAccessToken(Boolean sisi, Token& accessToken) in c:\Users\here\Desktop\evestuff\ISBoxerEVELauncher-master\ISBoxerEVELauncher-master\EVEAccount.cs:line 1028
at ISBoxerEVELauncher.EVEAccount.GetSSOToken(Boolean sisi, String& ssotoken) in c:\Users\here\Desktop\evestuff\ISBoxerEVELauncher-master\ISBoxerEVELauncher-master\EVEAccount.cs:line 1034
at ISBoxerEVELauncher.EVEAccount.Launch(String sharedCachePath, Boolean sisi, DirectXVersion dxVersion) in c:\here\here\Desktop\evestuff\ISBoxerEVELauncher-master\ISBoxerEVELauncher-master\EVEAccount.cs:line 1061
at ISBoxerEVELauncher.Launchers.DirectLauncher.LaunchAccount(EVEAccount account) in c:\Users\here\Desktop\evestuff\ISBoxerEVELauncher-master\ISBoxerEVELauncher-master\Launchers.cs:line 56
at ISBoxerEVELauncher.Windows.LaunchProgressWindow.Timer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Users\here\Desktop\evestuff\ISBoxerEVELauncher-master\ISBoxerEVELauncher-master\Windows\LaunchProgressWindow.xaml.cs:line 128
Account 'ericaderr0001' failed to launch: Error. Aborting!
<<

ericade001

Post Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:18 am

Re: Isboxer eve launcher error message

Update: also get this error if i launch the downloaded exe and don't use the compiled directory:

Account 'redacted' failed to launch: TokenFailure. Aborting!

edit: after trying to redo everything with the launcher, when I try to add a new account it says:

Failed to login: TokenFailure. Account is NOT added
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:05 am

Alright so you're comfortable with building the code, have you used a debugger before?

Attach your debugger to ISBoxer EVE Launcher, select a Character, and click the "Launch Non-Inner Space" button (which just launches the game, not using Inner Space or ISBoxer). It should break into the debugger, and you should be able to observe the value of "fromUri" passed to the Token constructor. Don't include the "access_token" value (that is a secret) but I want to know the URI it is giving you.

The whole responseBody from the GetAccessToken function calling it would be nice. I would probably e-mail this to me at lax@lavishsoft.com.

If you don't know how to do this, its ok to speak up and we will continue another way ;)
<<

ericade001

Post Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:21 am

lax wrote:Alright so you're comfortable with building the code, have you used a debugger before?

Attach your debugger to ISBoxer EVE Launcher, select a Character, and click the "Launch Non-Inner Space" button (which just launches the game, not using Inner Space or ISBoxer). It should break into the debugger, and you should be able to observe the value of "fromUri" passed to the Token constructor. Don't include the "access_token" value (that is a secret) but I want to know the URI it is giving you.

The whole responseBody from the GetAccessToken function calling it would be nice. I would probably e-mail this to me at lax@lavishsoft.com.

If you don't know how to do this, its ok to speak up and we will continue another way ;)

I am not familiar with using a debugger, however the "add account" is from the EVEAccount.cs file in the switch(lr) function default:
{
MessageBox.Show("Failed to log in: "+lr.ToString()+". Account NOT added.");
return;
}
break;

Probably the same issue because if I use the executible, not the code-compile it also throws a flat "Token Error" .

Also when using isboxer to launch the eve client directly, I cannot even manually log in as eve gives a popup saying it cannot login without being launched from the launcher, which might be the issue?

Final note, the exception I initially listed is shown via the isboxer eve launcher window through the text feed, not a crash information popup. Sorry.

Edit: If needbe ill download ollydbg and try to figure it out. If this is an isolated issue i can try other things if you are unable to replicate it
<<

dontask

Post Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:16 pm

fresh install of windows 10 1607 enterprise LTSB and this occurs with the latest version:

version 1.0.0.12

I can create profiles/save accounts on the CCP launcher with no issues.

Can you please fix this? also if you guys are going to fix this issue, remove the password protection on the launcher as well, we understand the risk of saving a password with a launcher.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:35 am

Can you please fix this?

First we have to identify the issue. Only you and the OP have reported this, and pretty much all I know so far is that the OP was receiving the straight login page back, with no validation errors (such as incorrect username/password, etc) when attempting to log in.

remove the password protection on the launcher as well, we understand the risk of saving a password with a launcher.

.... are you kidding? A thousand times no.

Follow the procedure to only enter the password once, leaving the master instance running. There is absolutely no reason to remove this; with built-in features of ISBoxer EVE Launcher, you can enter the password exactly one time each time you reboot your PC.
<<

Valerian

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:51 am

You also have the option of not using the ISBoxer Eve Launcher, and instead using Dynamic Launch Mode along with the CCP Eve launcher to launch your batch of clients and then attach to them.
<<

dontask

Post Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:38 pm

Issue exists with any fresh install of windows go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10 get the windows 10 pro iso, load it up in a VM and try to launch IS Boxer eve launcher. You will receive an error no matter if you have Windows Firewall enabled or disabled

I'm trying to figure out what is causing this issue, but so far I'm not having much luck.

The other issue regarding the password protection; If you use the minimized function of the IS Boxer eve launcher it makes it useless. I cant even minimize it because the minimize to tray function breaks password pass-thru.

edit: pictures
<<

dontask

Post Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:26 pm

So i've managed to point it down to two things; Using Internet explorer if i go to login.eveonline.com and try to login, it will return to login.eveonline.com with no session activated this also occurs with firefox. If i use chrome i can do a full authentication using login.eveonline.com

Trying to see if there is any other other way to change this behaviour, maybe see if ISB Eve launcher can use chrome to initiate the session
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:43 pm

I think what it boils down to is your Windows is missing something. The rest of us already have it. Did you run Windows Updates on your VM instance? You might want to use your own Windows image instead of using an ISO missing important updates.

The other issue regarding the password protection; If you use the minimized function of the IS Boxer eve launcher it makes it useless. I cant even minimize it because the minimize to tray function breaks password pass-thru.

This is obviously not the intent of the feature, and should obviously be considered a bug, and until now this has not been reported. Minimize to tray should not affect basic functionality of ISBoxer EVE Launcher... this is not a reason for me to redesign ISBoxer EVE Launcher to leave your passwords insecure.

It is open source though, so if you want that changed bad enough there's no reason you can't have it the way you want. But I'm not changing that and I will not provide an official release like that.
Next

Return to EVE Online