FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiboxing limits - Crashing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lon010

Post Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:21 pm

Multiboxing limits - Crashing

Hello,

In my attempts at pushing multiboxing to its limits, i have run into an issue.

Upon reaching, ranging from 32-40 accounts running at once, when attempting to launch another client, it simply loads to a small black screen in the corner and crashes (to white) when selected.

https://gyazo.com/2700227a6f063457b9fc3aa97594c71d

However, if i were to close random running applications in the background, occasionally, the black window will load into the client/

While all this is running, my commit memory is around 30%, working memory around 50%, cpu around 45%, GPU around 60%.

while this is happening I'm still able to freely open and run other applications like chrome to watch movies and such without any issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated

-------------------------------
Mobo: Asus z170-deluxe
CPU: 6700k @4.8GHz
GPU: Geforce GTX 980ti
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133 MHz x 32GB
SSD:Samsung 950 Pro m.2
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:49 pm

Re: Multiboxing limits - Crashing

When you say the GPU is around 60%, I assume you mean the GPU engine/chip, and not the GPU VRAM?. Your other memory stats look like something out of task manager, and while seemingly reasonably on the outside, may be hiding something else. You're effectively reporting 16GB of RAM used, to run 32 copies of the game, along with whatever else is in use by the rest of your system. This seems a bit of an underreport already.

You would need to take a far deeper look as what is going on. There may be all sorts of little things going on like I/O contention, paging, lack of virtual memory allocation blocks, too small paging file.

Return to EVE Online