FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A new setup problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Cromm

Post Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:24 pm

A new setup problem

I told my friend about ISBoxer and how it is wonderful for EVE and so he downloaded it and got permission for a trial period. We walked through (viewtopic.php?p=38755#p38755) for setting up the launcher and everything but we cannot seem to get the game to actually load. The only thing that happens is that the CCP launcher pops up and waits for him to do something. If he then uses the CCP launcher, ISBoxer will load the accounts he wants, but they are all in the same region and have the same name (slot name, but correct accounts logged in). Otherwise, ISBEL does nothing and even the second window that comes up when you log in (the process window) never shows.

I know we're missing something simple, but I cant seem to figure out what it is to get him squared away.

Thanks for any help that comes our way!
<<

Cromm

Post Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:01 pm

Re: A new setup problem

Ok, it turns out that the problem was that he had a version of EVE installed through steam which was also interfering with the new installation of eve which was referencing the steam installation...yada yada. So, he uninstalled the steam version, the new version, and re-installed everything, and now it works.

Everything is now all working correctly and he can see his characters!

Return to EVE Online