FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Blank Launcher

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bamman

Post Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:57 pm

Blank Launcher

I've been using ISBoxer regularly for sometime, just got a new desktop a couple weeks ago and have been running my six accounts on it daily, up until a couple days ago when it started acting weird. I opened the first two accounts fine but then when I opened the launcher for the third account the launcher was white with long lines of code, not knowing what was wrong I simply closed it and reopened it, this time it was just blank white, the only usable parts of the Eve launcher being the top right buttons for settings, minimizing and closing the launcher. Then for a while it wouldn't even open the launcher, nothing would happen but now I can reliably get the blank white launcher open. I can run the game fine outside of this and even through the default profile through Innerspace.

When watching the console it goes
"successfully executed C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\eve online\launcher\evelaunche.exe
Session name 'eve3780' accepted for process C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\eve online\launcher\evelaunche.exe"

I've also reinstalled both EVE and ISBoxer several times

Any help is appreciated
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:49 am

Re: Blank Launcher

All the below is not necessarily in the order I think you could try them...

As a general rule it is not recommended to use Steam installations of games that have standalone versions. There was a recent update for steam, and it is highly possible the hooks for steam are causing issues. Does it work with the standalone install?

It does seem a bit strange that the game will launch via the Inner Space profile but not ISBoxer, as there is very little difference there other than ISBoxer will be pushing in some copies of certain config files. You could try deleting (or maybe move them instead) the per character config files, and see if that helps.

There are the cookies files which on my installation are located at:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\QtWebEngine\Default

And there are the settings, which are located (for me) here:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\d_games_eve_sharedcache_tq_tranquility
This path is user specific, and depends on your game installation location

Other options?
  • Maybe try without a Window Layout assigned, or create a new window layout. If you are using an old profile with a layout created on a previous computer then the display designations may not match up with what Windows is defining, and it creates some unexplained behaviours.
  • If you happen to have multiple Inner Space profiles for EVE, then double check that each of the characters in ISBoxer is set to run the one you are testing.
  • Maybe use the ISBoxer EVE Launcher instead. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8142

Return to EVE Online