FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So how can ISBoxer help?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SuperMiguel

Post Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:37 am

So how can ISBoxer help?

So i i want to follow the rules of EvE and disable broadcasting.. how can ISBoxer help? whats is the point? I think im missing something?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:51 am

Re: So how can ISBoxer help?

Broadcasting isn't the only feature of ISBoxer -- you still have all of the other features available to you. Window management, Key/Mouse re-mapping (to the active/current window), Video FX (though they have said to only use full screen rather than partial window views), etc.

The window swapping capability (or ability to use Video FX views insead while keeping all of the windows in the same position) means you can quickly swap windows -- e.g. with a custom "Next window" hotkey -- while keeping the mouse in the same location to click in the same spot in each window, without having to use broadcasting. Obviously broadcasting would be more efficient, but this is still beneficial.

You can also set up a Hotkey, for example, that both sends a key (or mouse click) to the current window, and also switches to the next window. You just have to hit this key multiple times for it to go to all windows, rather than being able to hit it one time to go to all windows.

These are within the rules. Either way, remember that players can report you without knowing or caring what you're actually doing (even if you were not using any multiboxing software at all...)
<<

SuperMiguel

Post Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:21 am

lax wrote:Broadcasting isn't the only feature of ISBoxer -- you still have all of the other features available to you. Window management, Key/Mouse re-mapping (to the active/current window), Video FX (though they have said to only use full screen rather than partial window views), etc.

The window swapping capability (or ability to use Video FX views insead while keeping all of the windows in the same position) means you can quickly swap windows -- e.g. with a custom "Next window" hotkey -- while keeping the mouse in the same location to click in the same spot in each window, without having to use broadcasting. Obviously broadcasting would be more efficient, but this is still beneficial.

You can also set up a Hotkey, for example, that both sends a key (or mouse click) to the current window, and also switches to the next window. You just have to hit this key multiple times for it to go to all windows, rather than being able to hit it one time to go to all windows.

These are within the rules. Either way, remember that players can report you without knowing or caring what you're actually doing (even if you were not using any multiboxing software at all...)

So i normally run 2 accounts, each of them on 1 monitor (so dual monitor setup), and i think i like the idea of swapping screen, it is a pain to have to move your mouse to another screen to to click on something specially when using 4k monitors... Is the swapping fast (instant)? even with 4k monitors?

i started playing with the trial yesterday, but was not able to get it to work, i follow the instructions in here, my profile was reset to default, any way to forcing it to use my normal profile (layout, chats, etc)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:47 am

If your monitors are powered by the same GPU, yes it should be instant.

i started playing with the trial yesterday, but was not able to get it to work, i follow the instructions in here, my profile was reset to default, any way to forcing it to use my normal profile (layout, chats, etc)

ISBoxer EVE Launcher does not currently support EVE UI profiles, I'm no expert on those to give you the correct answer here
<<

SuperMiguel

Post Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:50 am

lax wrote:If your monitors are powered by the same GPU, yes it should be instant.

ISBoxer EVE Launcher does not currently support EVE UI profiles, I'm no expert on those to give you the correct answer here

Or at least the location or where ISBoxer EVE Launcher stores the profiles so i can just copy and paste mine in...
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:10 am

ISBoxer EVE Launcher doesn't manage EVE's profiles at all...
<<

SuperMiguel

Post Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:11 am

For someone that has 2 monitors, they normally will stack all the clients in the same monitor and then create an FX of all the other accounts on a secondary monitor, but if i only want to use 2 accounts, would it be easier to have the 2 clients come up in different screens?

Also i have 2 video cards each monitor is connected to a single card... you recommend plugging both of them to the same card? you said it will switch faster if its on the same card?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:21 am

Also i have 2 video cards each monitor is connected to a single card... you recommend plugging both of them to the same card? you said it will switch faster if its on the same card?

Do not, ever, move a game window from a monitor on one GPU, to a monitor on the other GPU. There is a massive performance penalty for doing so (with or without ISBoxer) -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/GPU_Management

If you want swapping without that penalty, both will need to be on the same GPU (e.g. stacked on monitor 1). Video FX can show a full screen view on the other monitor, without this penalty. Obviously this negates a lot of the benefits of having two GPUs, but it would allow you to try swapping...
<<

SuperMiguel

Post Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:48 pm

So im stacking now... i can switch between pilots very fast.. but still dont see the value :( now my secondary monitor sits there empty... and by switching back and forth sometimes i miss some sutff like if im getting attacked or not.. like it is a bit anoying having to switch back and forth... im missing something
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:56 am

You are missing Video FX, which Lax mentioned.

In ISBoxer you can use the WIndow Layout Wizard, and get it to create you a Window Layout with VideoFX layout, which will allow you to use your second monitor for viewing, but it will also make the actual games run in a stacked layout so you wont incur the cross monitor/gpu swapping penalty.

To use a VideoFX layout from the Wizard, on the main layout generator page, set the Use VideoFX option on the right hand side there to True (you may need to scroll the options), then choose your preferred layout style.
Or if you feel game, you can create a layout manually.

Return to EVE Online