FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New ISBoxerLauncher + Old CharacterSet .. "breaks VideoFX"

Moderator: MiRai

<<

eagle275

Post Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:18 am

New ISBoxerLauncher + Old CharacterSet .. "breaks VideoFX"

Greetings,

I followed your description to change my old characterset to use your new IsBoxer launcher - which works well after some manual tweeking (Create new profile somehow defaults to the wrong directory - except I delete all previous eve-Online profiles)

Now - I start my 2 Chars with the method you described .. , have them up and running and switching between them works fine ... I had to adjust resolution because somehow the clients wanted to start in fullscreen - and my setup is strictly fixed Window (to let me see the windows- start -bar ) and until I did so there was a strange mouse -shift (the mouse arrow was displayed "higher" that it actually was ..

then I start the dxnothing - to use videofx .. and .. "nothing" .. black screen .

using CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+G I can bring up the UI .. to see infact .. all my defined videofx are THERE .. but green (windows 10 should always have Aero Peek ...) So I assume .. changing the loaded game for the characters somehow threw over my "source" definitions for videofx ...

But then again - I cant bring up the UI on the changed clients ... What's going on there ? Also I can't use the key-combo to switch off the display of frame rate and memory use ... ??? wtf ??? seriously ?

Please explain how I can access the Innerspace UI from the clients started over the new ISBoxerLauncher ! and how I "repair" my videofx without recreating everything from scratch
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:29 am

Re: New ISBoxerLauncher + Old CharacterSet .. "breaks VideoFX"

Create new profile somehow defaults to the wrong directory - except I delete all previous eve-Online profiles

It uses the directory shown in the ISBoxer EVE Launcher UI..

But then again - I cant bring up the UI on the changed clients ... What's going on there ? Also I can't use the key-combo to switch off the display of frame rate and memory use ... ??? wtf ??? seriously ?

If your clients were launched correctly for ISBoxer by the launcher, then the memory use indicators would already be hidden. You're launching the clients through Inner Space, but without ISBoxer, and this is why it is not working as you expect.

It sounds like you might be clicking the "Launch with Inner Space" button within ISBoxer EVE Launcher? If this is how you are launching them, ISBoxer is not going to be active in the launched instances.

You should be launching all of the windows by selecting your ISBoxer Character Set for launch. Your Characters in ISBoxer should be configured to use the account-specific Game Profiles created at Step #7. The account-specific Game Profiles will each launch an instance via ISBoxer EVE Launcher. And then there should be no "then I start the dxnothing", it should start itself after your 2 game clients.
<<

eagle275

Post Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:56 am

Well .. I start the character set - but this loads ONE ISBoxer Launcher instance .. there I start with "innerspace" .. then I (have to ? ) close the launcher .. start the next one .. and I can access them via CTRL+ALT F1/ F2

on the other hand .. I start Isboxer only when I setup my groups .. Do I need to start IsBoxer now everytime before doing anything ?

btw MY isboxer launcher doesnt show ANY directory ... what version are you talking about?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:01 pm

btw MY isboxer launcher doesnt show ANY directory ... what version are you talking about?

It's always been right there at the top. "Path to EVE's SharedCache". Here is the screenshot from the original release:

Well .. I start the character set - but this loads ONE ISBoxer Launcher instance .. there I start with "innerspace"

Nope. Stop right there. Either a) your account-specific Game Profiles are not configured with the options in the instructions (Step #7), or b) your ISBoxer Characters are configured to launch the main ISBoxer EVE Launcher Game Profile instead of an Account-specific Game Profile (Step #9). Go back and redo these 2 steps.

You do not need to click the Launch button in ISBoxer EVE Launcher! If the options are correct, it will automatically launch, AND automatically close.
<<

eagle275

Post Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:12 pm

OK .. was "invisible" because too obvious ...
I stand corrected but the issue remained ..

the launcher correctly detected the path to my shared cache - but still wanted to launch exefile.exe from the OLD directories ( saved one level above the sharedcache ) .. It only started working after I deleted all old eve-profiles from innerspace.. not a big problem

I'll try to work on the other problem now ...thx for your answers
-------------------------------------
OK .. got it to work after some trial and error ... step 6 brought up an error message after trying to safe the new profile to innerspace ... because Innerspace is installed in C:\Program Files(x86) - after retrying it as Administrator it finally worked.

Return to EVE Online