FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

7 Window Layout, Random account 'hangs'

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Trekkie

Post Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:53 am

7 Window Layout, Random account 'hangs'

I have a single montior with seven window layout.

After the last Inner Space patch, the following started happening.

Seven accounts running. Manually switching between windows from active to the six others.

one of the accounts 'hangs'.

The account doesn't disconnect, but the window will not activate/change/update/do anyhting.

The only way to get rid of the window is to restart the machine. Closing IS BOxer doesn't work, keystrokes don't go into window, exiting all other clients doesn't do anything. Window stays pinned where it was when it hung.

game things client still logged in. If mining, task completes when bay fills, but ship responds to in game commands like fleet warping that member (as long as it was in squad to begin with).

Any suggestions? was working great for approximately a month or so, verified video drivers were up to date.

Windows 10, AMD R290 card.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:11 pm

Re: 7 Window Layout, Random account 'hangs'

You can try the prior Inner Space release, 6132, and see if the issue goes away. This would also help confirm the issue was in the last update. Instructions are on that same page about the settings you need to set to make sure your time is not wasted.

Other than that, the other suggestion is to use a VideoFX Layout, which you can choose in the Window Layout Wizard, and in the options on the right hand side, select VideoFX = True, then select your Window Layout (not one that says existing). See if that works. The difference here is that there wont be the swapping actions, assuming you are using a layout which is doing that (if you aren't using a swapping layout, then this is likely going to be pointless).

Failing all that, get a Compatibility Diagnostic on an instance of EVE that has loaded under Inner Space.
<<

Trekkie

Post Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:15 am

turning on videoFX might have addressed it, no hang like that so far. only weird thing is now I can't click on the window had to make hot keys to switch windows.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:48 pm

Trekkie wrote:turning on videoFX might have addressed it, no hang like that so far. only weird thing is now I can't click on the window had to make hot keys to switch windows.

You're now using a Video FX Layout, which has some different behaviors than a normal Window Layout, as is detailed here: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Video_FX_Layout

Since these are Video FX and not actual windows, the Video FX Focus hotkey is used to swap them as opposed to a straight click. By default this Hotkey is Alt+Mouse1 (Alt+Left Click) and is configurable in your Character Set.
<<

yandereyandere

Post Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:32 pm

For reference I actually have the same issue.
<<

wyboston

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:52 am

Hey

Any idea when this window issue will be fixed?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:10 am

This may be the "black screen" issue that gets reported, which can potentially be corrected by launching the game in DirectX 9 mode instead of DirectX 11 mode.
<<

wyboston

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:23 am

Hi

I am using the new isboxer launcher and have the DirectX9 ticked

all the screens load ok (36 accounts) on one monitor, as soon as i click to launch the game half way through the screens start open in a larger window and start hanging, make sense?

SaS
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:51 am

wyboston wrote:I am using the new isboxer launcher and have the DirectX9 ticked

When using this launcher with ISBoxer, the DX9 option is built into the account-specific Game Profiles. If you have changed this option after already having created the account-specific Game Profiles, follow the step again to re-create them (exactly the same way as before).

If that DOESN'T help ...

all the screens load ok (36 accounts) on one monitor, as soon as i click to launch the game half way through the screens start open in a larger window and start hanging, make sense?

I'm mildly confused, how are 36 accounts loading ok on one monitor, if halfway through they open in a larger window and start hanging? What specifically are you "clicking to launch the game"?

Share your ISBoxer configuration, this might provide us some insight on what is going on for you. http://isboxer.com/wiki/ISBoxer_Configuration
<<

wyboston

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:30 pm

Well I set up the new launcher and all screens loaded ok, when I started going through each screen to launch the toons, about half way through launching my accounts the whole thing crashed. I have a crash report in full but here is the first part.

Software: Inner Space Kernel 1.15 Build 6151 (Wed Nov 16 18:06:00 2016)

Current time: Tue Jan 3 18:20:46 2017

Crash: 0x5E7ECAF0: Exception 0xc0000005 writing to address 0xA85F3198 in module d3dx9_43.dll

Additional information: DrawText(FPS: 1.87,rect={20,5,20,1040})

Registers:

-----------------------------------

eax=BAFFFFFF ebx=00000003 ecx=FFFFFF80 edx=07219360

edi=00000008 esi=A85F318C ebp=0075A3A4 esp=0075A310
Next

Return to EVE Online