Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:17 am

ISBoxer EVE Launcher - an open source EVE Launcher

Right to the goods: https://github.com/LavishSoftware/ISBoxerEVELauncher
The current download is linked on the page, along with complete instructions

For best results with ISBoxer 41 (or ISBoxer 42 without Dynamic Launch Mode), it is recommended to use the launcher as a single-account launcher. Have it create an account-specific Game Profile for each EVE Account as directed in the instructions, and then select those Game Profiles in ISBoxer Toolkit under Characters. As of ISBoxer EVE Launcher version 1.0.0.5, it is now possible to do so without having to re-enter passwords each time!

For best results with ISBoxer 42's Dynamic Launch Mode, it is recommended to use the launcher as a multi-account launcher, having it launch EVE for you through Inner Space. ISBoxer EVE Launcher can be left running permanently, and passwords do not need to be re-entered during that time.

Instructions for doing so are on the linked page, but here are the simple instructions for setting up ISBoxer EVE Launcher, for ISBoxer 41 (you should still do this with ISBoxer 42 unless you insist on using Dynamic Launch Mode):

1. In ISBoxer EVE Launcher, configure the EVE SharedCache path if needed
  2. Create a master Tranquility (or Singularity) Game Profile using the "Create one now" button next to the drop-down. This new Game Profile will launch exefile.exe directly.
  3. Add EVE Online Accounts to ISBoxer EVE Launcher using the Add Account button
  4. Optional: If you do not want to enter passwords each time, tick "Save passwords (securely)". This will ask for a Master Password which is then used to protect your EVE passwords.
  5. Close Inner Space if it is running. This will make sure you don't have to do Step 7 twice under any circumstance...
  6. Select all EVE Accounts in the list and select "Create Game Profile". Tick "Perform launch from a new ISBoxer EVE Launcher instance". Do not tick "Leave new ISBoxer EVE Launcher instance open after launch". Set the drop-down box to "Launch EVE client directly". Click "Go"! (Remember the Game name and Game Profile schemes for the next step!)
  7. You can launch Inner Space again now if you want. The new Game and Game Profiles should be successfully added.
  8. Back in ISBoxer Toolkit, in the top left pane under Characters, select each Character and find the "Game" and "Game Profile" drop-down boxes in the bottom right pane. The Game and Game Profile need to be updated to match what was added in Step 6.
  9. Export to Inner Space
  10. Optional: If you have enabled "Save passwords (securely)" in Step 5, run an instance of ISBoxer EVE Launcher as Administrator now. This will act as a "master" ISBoxer EVE Launcher instance, which will allow the new instances to not ask you for the Master Password each time!
  11. Launch your ISBoxer Character Set!
<<

thomaslear

Post Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:01 pm

Re: ISBoxer EVE Launcher - an open source EVE Launcher

So this might be me just being dumb but, reading through the readme, I do not understand how the program is actually launched. I get all the way through the part of unzipping the file "ISboxerEVELaucher-master.exe" to a folder. However, once there I do not see an .exe file to launch the program? I assume there is a application I need to place it into or something I am missing. Please help!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:11 pm

The file that gets extracted is ISBoxerEVELauncher.exe, and it is coming from the file Lavish.ISboxerEVELauncher.1.0.0.4.zip which is linked in the instructions. If you are hitting the Clone or Download button (which is sounds like you are based on the filename), you will be getting the source code.

<<

thomaslear

Post Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:21 am

Ah wow my mistake. Thanks so much for your help! Working now.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:51 pm

ISBoxer EVE Launcher 1.0.0.5 is now available, and adds the ability for a "master" ISBoxer EVE Launcher instance to securely transmit your Master Key to new instances. This means you can save your EVE account passwords, protected by your Master Password, and not have to enter the Master Password each time you have ISBoxer launch characters! It's beautiful.

Complete step-by-step instructions for configuring ISBoxer 41 to use ISBoxer EVE Launcher in this very convenient way have been added to both this thread, and to the github page :)
<<

jviper20

Post Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:57 pm

For some reason the launcher is crashing after the TOS pops up for each new account. Is it a bug on my end or is other people having the same problem?

*edit* uploaded a screenshot of the error
Attachments
isboxer_launcher_error.png
error
isboxer_launcher_error.png (62.12 KiB) Viewed 98485 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:17 pm

I saw it once, but since it only occurred when accepting the EULA (which was successfully accepted...) I am unable to test a fix ;)

I've issued a possible fix in version 1.0.0.6, which is now available
<<

MCS

Post Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:14 am

I run authenticators on most my accounts so it asks for a character name to each account when launching. Is there any way to get around this besides removing the authenticator?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:12 pm

MCS wrote:I run authenticators on most my accounts so it asks for a character name to each account when launching. Is there any way to get around this besides removing the authenticator?

I'll have to add that to encrypted storage so you won't need to keep re-entering it after the first time.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:08 pm

1.0.0.8 should take care of this for you. Please let me know :)
Next

Return to EVE Online