FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LF 2 screen 5 toon setup with Focus on ore holds

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jschorn0

Post Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:00 pm

LF 2 screen 5 toon setup with Focus on ore holds

Hello everyone,

Im trying to setup up a dual monitor profile. Main screen is 40 inch, secondary is a 17 inch laptop screen.

I plan to have 5 accounts running. End goal is to hot swap the main screens, with a dxnothing that can monitor probably all 5 toons cargo hold.
my other option is, when the screens are "mini" can i keep them active(no fps pause) and Mini-resolution
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: LF 2 screen 5 toon setup with Focus on ore holds

I may not be understanding what you are asking correctly, but you can only ever have 1 active window at a time, even using Inner Space. The way Windows is designed prevents you from doing otherwise.

With your comment about FPS, I assume you mean the foreground/background FPS settings. You can set these in the CPU Strategy Wizard to be even, e.g. 30/30 (note: the CPU strategy wizard does not show you your existing settings). You can also set these per slot in the character set under the Performance tab.
<<

RedThreat

Post Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:28 am

Re: LF 2 screen 5 toon setup with Focus on ore holds

Hi there!

I use multiple screens but I believe you could use something similar for your fleet.

This one hosts pretty much everything on the one screen but you could place dXnothing on your 40inch to have easy track of mining cycles and ore hold status. You may use your laptop screen as main operation window for your mining. I dont know how you handle safety and hauling but I believe that could be done via normal game windows. As for me I use dedicated monitor for belt tank and hauler where also I keep an eye on intel channels and local. Generally, if you upgrade to larger scale of operations you might consider getting yourself scout team and mining booster but that's different story.

Here is the link of one of my mining streams with similar dxnothing layout that I've used back in a days when we were allowed to use dxnothing in Eve:
https://youtu.be/lgI5bKaAPtE?t=1247

Return to EVE Online