FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Launcher Problems (unsurprisingly)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bhaalpawn

Post Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:41 pm

Launcher Problems (unsurprisingly)

Hi all

Just resubbed to this software as I'm going back to EVE for a bit. I've read the recent posts here about the new launcher and EXE file problem's, here's mine:

I have innerspace running the evelauncher.exe from the main EVE folder.

As a previous post said to do I'm running each account through interspace to run the launcher (each account works fine just through the launcher, so no problems with my accounts) and logging each one in separately.

The first account is in the place I specified in isboxer but it is just a black screen, with nothing happening, the innerspace fps counter is running fine, just the game itself isn't loading.

If I run the Eve default profile from innerspace everything works.

It only doesn't work trying to load anything made in isboxer. I am running the latest version, have made new characters with just the innerspace launch information required filled in and have even tried changing my EVE in game setting from windowed to fullscreen and things like that.

So basically everything works, the innerspace default profile works but any character from an isboxer set will launch in the right place but I just get a black screen in their window.

Its driving me insane, got the fun of adding all my accounts to my other machine in the morning as well, lol.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:48 pm

Re: Launcher Problems (unsurprisingly)

The first account is in the place I specified in isboxer but it is just a black screen, with nothing happening, the innerspace fps counter is running fine, just the game itself isn't loading.

Someone in the main launcher thread says:
"Had similar issue with those game clients which used non-standard resolutions. Had those windows black and semi-frozed.
Selecting "Run game on Directx 9" option in launcher helped me in this case."

If I run the Eve default profile from innerspace everything works.

Are you running a different profile from Inner Space than ISBoxer is launching?

Are you using a laptop? Specifically, one with both an NVIDIA and an Intel GPU? There is a recent driver issue with these systems where the windows scaled down with ISBoxer don't render properly. We have been suggesting a workaround involving updating to the ISBoxer 42 Beta. See http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8106 for more info
<<

Bhaalpawn

Post Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:00 pm

http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8116

I deleted my old eve profile when I started earlier, the profiles n the characters are all updated (I even made new characters)

Are you using a laptop? Specifically, one with both an NVIDIA and an Intel GPU? There is a recent driver issue with these systems where the windows scaled down with ISBoxer don't render properly. We have been suggesting a workaround involving updating to the ISBoxer 42 Beta. See viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8106 for more info

I am running a dual GPU laptop and forcing the game into DX9 mode through the EVE launcher has fixed the problem.

Thanks
<<

HomeGrown

Post Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:28 pm

I am experiencing a similar issue.

I run an NVidia gtx 460 on my Windows 10 desktop.

All software operated properly up through last night ( the game ran, everything was fully functional )

Upon first attempt at operation this morning, Innerspace launched the designed screen areas per the profile, but those areas were completely black and inactive (Edit: they do switch between active and inactive positions as they should, it just looks as though there is something broken between innerspace and the game itself. ReEdit: Almost like a method being called may have been moved or renamed within the game.)

Upon attempt to load this evening after work the same occurred, attempts were made to launch single characters as well as the entire group, no change.
Things operate properly when launching with the default profile option from the innerspace menu.

An attempt has been made to force the game into dx9 to no avail.

Please help, and thank you in advance for your efforts.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:47 am

This has been reported a few times, and it has been resolved by setting the game to run in DX9. Depending on which game profile ISBoxer is set to run for your characters, then that profile may be forcing dx11 already, so trying to set it in the game itself is pointless.

If, when you launch your team, it comes up with the "new" Launcher, then you can set the DX version there, before the game loads.
If you have selected for your characters a DX11 game profile, then you will need to change this. You can do so, by selecting in the top left of ISBoxer, each character under the characters node, and setting the appropriate Game and Game Profile in the dropdowns. If the default profile from Inner Space is working, then you should probably select that. If there is an option to force dx9 then you might be able to use that, although it will probably only last until the 20th as I believe those profiles point at exefile.exe, which you will not be able to use after 20th Sep (apparently).

Why it wont work under Dx11 is on the cards to be looked at.
<<

Bhaalpawn

Post Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:56 pm

There have been a few EVE updates the last couple of days which have probably started messing with the exefile.exe probably without the devs even noticing (just as it took me 5 hours to notice the second turret slot on my skiffs today).

I changed the path of the innerspace config from exefile.exe to the launcher exe and my PC works fine (windows 10, GTX 660ti), the only down side is it takes a long time to load more than a few toons:

Change your EVE configuration in innerspace to the new launcher .exe (or make a new eve profile remembering to update any isboxer toons you want to use or make new ones).
run innerspace
Select a character from an IS Boxer Character Set slot
EVE Launcher starts
Add an account if its not already setup in the launcher, remembering to hit the little pin on the right hand side of the name to save the account, this will save the account information and password.
Select the account you want to load.
The account will eventually load into its boxer screen.
CLOSE the EVE Launcher AFTER it has loaded (not during).
Go back to Innerspace and select the next character.
(If you have pinned your accounts in the EVE Launcher you can log into the launcher using any account, you don't need to log in using the right account name as it takes you to a list of saved accounts and you select which one to load from there. (if you have your password on the clipboard ctrl-v will paste it.))
Rinse and repeat as many times as you can before quitting EVE or the god of disconnects takes an interest in you.

You CANNOT run a Character set automatically, you must select each character separately from the IS Boxer Character Set slots and close the EVE Launcher each time.

I was going to run 20 accounts this month but settled on 8 as that is taking me around 20 minutes to load if there are no problems. I logged my first account in today at 11:15am game time just after dt and after a hang and a dc I had my very small 8 man mining fleet up and running by 11:55. Also if you want to change toons on your account you need to log out of the game and run that character slot through innerspace and the launcher again (remembering not to have the launcher open before you start).

If you just want to do something simple on just a few accounts (change which toon is training or moving gear for example) it is a lot easier to just use the launcher (remembering to leave it open ) without going near innerspace.

now we just need a new launcher to replace this launcher [that will last forever] that replaced the last ever launcher they would ever need [think that one lasted 2 years]which replaced the old launcher which was probably made by someone in the last mass staff cleansing, who replaced someone from the time before they laid everyone off who legend says only entered the building looking for a toilet but ended up designing the game client to replace the game client that was rubbish because all it did was log your account in quickly and correctly.

think I've broken the () keys from overuse, sorry if its a very rambling guide [with the odd error] but I'm on new meds

Return to EVE Online