FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I Need Help Setting Up 2 Monitors

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Avaton

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:58 pm

I Need Help Setting Up 2 Monitors

Can some very nice person please help me figure out how to set up 4 Eve clients on 2 monitors so that my main monitor displays the client with the focus but the other monitor has all 4 clients in a grid? I don't want to broadcast anything or even set up any hotkeys or anything like that. I'm perfectly happy alt-tabbing between the clients. I'd just like the second monitor to display them all at once for at-a-glance viewing. I've been at this for hours and cannot for the life of me even start to figure out what I'm doing. Please help!
<<

Avaton

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:04 pm

Re: I Need Help Setting Up 2 Monitors

Nevermind... I just found out this is bannable.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:30 pm

Avaton wrote:Nevermind... I just found out this is bannable.
Yes, certain actions in the EVE verse are, covered in this stickied post at the top of the EVE forum. ISBoxer does disable broadcasting on EVE by default for this very reason.
<<

Avaton

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:37 pm

There are more posts on this forum though with links to where they have recently classed just looking at other clients at the same time is against the rules now. At least that's what it looks like. Odd considering that would also make multiple monitors and even the Windows 10 Win-Alt key combination bannable as well. :(
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:48 pm

Avaton wrote:There are more posts on this forum though with links to where they have recently classed just looking at other clients at the same time is against the rules now. At least that's what it looks like. Odd considering that would also make multiple monitors and even the Windows 10 Win-Alt key combination bannable as well. :(

Plenty of people still use ISBoxer with EVE in such a way where it is allowed by CCP's rules, which is why there are new posts about how to fix the EXE/Launcher problem from just the other day.
<<

Avaton

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:50 pm

It is unclear to me if what I described in the original post would be against the rules or not.
<<

bob

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:56 pm

That is mainly it is pointed out how stupid some of their rules are, and the wording in the TOS is ambiguous, and essentially bans you from using the OS supplied APIs, and at it's core, Windows itself.

Yes they have also indicated that using VideoFX is bannable if you cut out sections of the game display and layer them all onto another D3D surface so you have al the pertinent information you need to hand. So you might want to stay away from that. Unless you do something that break their other rules that would be near impossible to detect though.

Essentially their rules have gimped the use of ISBoxer for EVE, but they have never outright banned it's usage.
You can still multibox in EVE. They have made this quite clear in their posts. You can have multiple accounts in EVE, this is also clear, and their own launcher supports it. They will not ban you from having two or more games open at the same time and displayed on your monitors, provided you do not "change the way the game is played". Which really means, don't fuck with the UI.

ISBoxer can still be used for Window Management, in much the same way as the EVE sanctioned window management tool (they have a link on their website somewhere). You can still use the mapped key functionality to remap your keyboard to something convenient, provided the output is always going to the active window only. You are also allowed to setup something to switch between those windows a little easier (at its most basic, a mouse click aint that tricky, so changing from ALT-Tab to be Z cannot be bannable).
You are still allowed to use broadcasting in very select situations.

There are still EVE players using ISBoxer for the above items which are still allowed.
<<

Avaton

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:59 pm

I see. So that means... no? I'm so confused.
<<

bob

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:05 pm

You can do exactly what you want. I just happened to be typing that out when MiRai and you ran away with the thread.

To do what you want, use the Window Layout Wizard (or at the appropriate location in the Quick Setup Wizard) and select the option "Multi-monitor on \\.\DISPLAY1 and \\.\DISPLAY2 (Swapping,Leave Hole,Avoid Taskbar)" or "Multi-monitor on \\.\DISPLAY1 and \\.\DISPLAY2 (Swapping,Leave Hole,Maintain Aspect)", depending on whether you want the main area to avoid the taskbar or not.
<<

Avaton

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:11 pm

Thanks for the help. It might be beyond me though. I can't even figure out how to add a character to a character set (or why i would even need to) and the wizards are asking me questions I have no idea what they are talking about. Again thanks i really do appreciate your time but I just don't think I'm going to be able to figure this out (and I'm well beyond the frustrated point haha!).
Next

Return to EVE Online