FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problems Setting Up For Eve

Moderator: MiRai

<<

galaxy

Post Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:41 pm

Problems Setting Up For Eve

I just now tried to setup for Eve and I can't get the Quick Setup Wiz to show eve to launch it. It shows eve in the first slot but not the 2nd/3rd and I can't advance past that. Any suggestions?
<<

galaxy

Post Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: Problems Setting Up For Eve

Hello? Is this thing on? Anyone out there?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:16 am

Re: Problems Setting Up For Eve

I just now tried to setup for Eve and I can't get the Quick Setup Wiz to show eve to launch it. It shows eve in the first slot but not the 2nd/3rd and I can't advance past that. Any suggestions?

There's a little blue link in the Quick Setup Wizard above the "2nd/3rd" that says "Help me!". That will take you here: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Quick_Setup_Wizard. Under "Walkthrough" the first paragraph says what you need to do, and has some important key words bolded to make it easier for you to scan for them... Here is that paragraph:
The first thing the Quick Setup Wizard is going to ask you for is information about the game you want to play. If that game is specifically listed in the upper drop-down box, select it; otherwise select Other. The bottom two drop-down boxes are populated with game information from Inner Space. If your game is not listed, select Add Game from the Inner Space menu (right click the crosshairs icon in the system tray). After adding a game through Inner Space, close Inner Space and then restart ISBoxer; this will allow ISBoxer to read the new information. If your game has a "No Patch" profile, it is advised to select that profile rather than the "Default" profile. If you use multiple game folders (note that by using multiple game folders you will incur a performance hit), you can add each folder with Add Game and select it per Character in ISBoxer after completing the wizard.

To make it more clear, I'll zoom in for you:
If your game is not listed, select Add Game from the Inner Space menu (right click the crosshairs icon in the system tray). After adding a game through Inner Space, close Inner Space and then restart ISBoxer; this will allow ISBoxer to read the new information.

When you select Add Game from the Inner Space menu, you will be expected to browse to the game's installation and find the program to execute. For EVE, that'd be eve.exe.

If you need me to be more specific, let me know

Return to EVE Online