FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Newest update broke functionality in eve?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

methis

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:07 am

Newest update broke functionality in eve?

Running on windows 7

Have used innerspace and isboxer for eve for a few months now, no problems at all with anything

After dl'ing the newest isboxer update, mouse broadcasting no longer works for me. The mouse shows up, but any click sends the mouse all the way to the left hand side of the screen. Window swapping and key broadcasting still work fine, but the mouse clone no longer works. Is this an isolated issue with me? Is anyone else having this issue?
<<

Numismancer

Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:41 am

Re: Newest update broke functionality in eve?

You're not the only one. I was trying to run my dread fleet today for a Rather Important Capital Op and welp! no mouse functionality. I've popped into the ISBoxer chat room to hopefully help flag the man himself down about this.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:24 am

You don't need to flag me down, I read every post on the forums whether I respond immediately or not ;)

I am working on several different issues in a few different games, I'll get to this one as soon as I can.

In the meantime you can revert to build 5245, if you want. Right click IS and select Patcher, uncheck Always patch, close IS. Extract the following over the existing IS files in the folder:
http://www.lavishsoft.com/downloads/Lav ... e.5245.zip
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Testing this right now, it seems to work correctly for me with build 5311, the current development build. Can you try it and let me know? Right click IS, select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart IS to let it patch up.
<<

Numismancer

Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:24 pm

You're a golden god; the new dev patch works.

There's one lingering issue which had existed previously, though, even in working patches. Occasionally (like when the mouse is over a menu window such as cargo hold, market screen, or the ship itself) turning mouse broadcasting off will pop up a window on the broadcasted client; this seems to imply that there's some kind of click or command being transmitted to eve when the broadcast functionality is turned off.

I use num + to turn off mouse/keyboard broadcasting, and i've added that to my blacklist.

This isn't a crippling issue or anything but it's a little weird, and can clog the screen with excess menus if you have to turn broadcasting on/off a lot.

That said, you own.
<<

Numismancer

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:08 am

Also, not that it matters nearly as much, but while your latest patch fixes this error on the main server, Tranquility, mouse broadcasting is broken on Singularity, the Test Server. Might not be worth your time to fix, but it'd be cool if so; I like to try to test out pvp teams with Isboxer on Singularity before taking them to Tranq. Thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:03 am

Thanks for the info, patching to Singularity now for testing

Return to EVE Online