FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need Dual Pvp Suggestion, Fresh Acc.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

galaxy

Post Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Need Dual Pvp Suggestion, Fresh Acc.

I have only been on Eve for a week or so, but have found my new home as I retired a 5 year wow vet. In Eve I am in total love with the mining and in the future crafting items. But when I hit 0.6'ish belts the roaming NPC pirates really pissed me off so I got a Destroyer to keep them at bay for a min while I mine in the industrial. Anyway, I haven't set up ISBoxer yet for Eve but was wondering on a new'ish account what is a good combo of ships to dualbox in, mainly right now just dealing with NPC's, etc., nothing to do with missions, I'm very against them,lol.
<<

ShadowKntSDS

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Need Dual Pvp Suggestion, Fresh Acc.

Once you get into the more serious mining boats they will all have a drone bay. Even 1-2 drones will be enough to take out the frigs you get in hi-sec. Just don't leave the drones out when there are no pirates as they will get agro from the pirates and you could potentially lose them. An alternative until then, is to fit a weapon in one of your high slots. I believe the caldari mining cruiser had a slot for missile launcher and since launcher hard points can't fit a mining laser, you didn't lose and cash by fitting a luncher.

You can also just tank the pirates. Usually a civilian shield booster is enough to ward of any damage they do, and uses a low enough amount of capacitor that it wont gimp your ship.

For dual boxing, you could have the 2nd account just sit in an industrial with a gun in the highs. You can then put your main in a for-realz mining cruiser/barge/exhumer, and have your 2nd toon do the hauling, and lay down the defense. The pirates at 0.6 sec belt are pretty weak, and even a single civilian gun should be able to take them down before they are a threat, as long as you are in something bigger than a frig.

Long term, if you have 2 accounts in retrievers or hulks, each ship will have the capacity have 5 light drones, and they will make mince meat out of the attacking pirates in no time.

Personally, I find ming boring. It's great as something to do while you are watching a movie, or TV, but it's a means to an end. And that end is cash. Cash = power in EVE. It's a good way to get started in EVE however, as you do need the cash early on. I also do love EVE for the manufacturing aspects, and mining is not a bad segway into that.

Return to EVE Online