FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Blackscreens at startup sometimes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Kolerazie

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:37 pm

Blackscreens at startup sometimes

there is already a solution?
The problem there is with me for a few days.
2-3 clients always start with black windows. :( :cry:
<<

hamiltonia

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:28 pm

Re: Blackscreens when undocking multiple clients

I also see the black screen issue on a regular basis.

Additionally I have a problem where logging in multiple characters at once results in a bad state around fleet. Basically I join all client at once using broadcasting, then from one character I create a fleet and advert. Then have all characters look at the fleet window to join the fleet - in many cases some characters can't see the fleet invite. Quitting and restarting resolves the issue, as does doing a round-robin login.

Just throwing it out there as another data point.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Re: Blackscreens at startup sometimes

Hi guys. I split these posts off the original thread for you. The thread you originally replied to was an undocking issue that CCP reported solved in the client over a year ago. A black screen at startup more than a year later is completely different and we need completely new data.
<<

Hielor

Post Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:10 pm

The black screen on undocking isn't solved for me--I still get it on a regular basis. Earlier today I got it on 6 of 8 clients.

I also have had a client crash immediately on logging in a couple times today.
<<

DingoDan

Post Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:24 am

I've been having the same issue for the last few months. It definitely has gotten worse with the Hyperion release. Basically any time I undock/log in with more than 5-6 accounts...half of them just have a black screen (though I can still press Esc to pull up the Eve options, and the character stays in space).

Lax/anyone if you have any ideas, please let us know!
<<

Salgressor

Post Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:12 pm

I am having same issues here, it only happens if I start up while in space or while undocking. If I log in while I am docked there are no issues at all until I actually undock.

I also appear to get abnormally high lag spikes and huge FPS drops in certain situations after Hyperion, which I did not have problems with at all pre-patch. I followed CCPs instructions for the general fix (not directed at ISBoxer users, can be found here https://forums.eveonline.com/default.as ... ind=unread), which assumed it could be due to corrupted settings/cache files. Nothing helps at all.

In some cases the screen stays black after selecting a character. Workaround: Clear your setting files, they might be corrupted. Instructions for clearing the cache can be found here. Fixed!

They claim it is fixed, but obviously it broke more than they think :)

Return to EVE Online