FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What do you want to know how to do in Eve Online?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

LargeChicken

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon May 12, 2014 9:06 am

What do you want to know how to do in Eve Online?

Hello Eve Online community! I would like to know what you guys are having trouble figuring out how to do in Isboxer from a technical standpoint in Eve Online. I am compiling a list of subjects to make video guides on. My latest guide on the Mapped Key functions is currently in post and I need ideas for what to do next.

:!: Things I want to know:

What are you trying to accomplish
:arrow: A broad description of what it is you are trying to do and how it relates to your activity in game.
:arrow: What are you stuck on

Have you watched any videos on this subject yet?
:arrow: If so what confused you about how the subject was explained in the video you watched and left you still stuck?

:!: Things I probably won't cover (That doesn't mean you shouldn't let me know if you want a tutorial about it anyway!)

:arrow: VideoFX There is already a pretty dense saturation of VideoFX tutorials out there. Unless it's an edge case I probably won't cover video FX.
:arrow: Basic Setup. Same reason as above. Unless there's a compelling case for a new video on this I probably won't make one.

Let me know!
-LC
I want YOU! To ask me questions
Tell me what you want a tutorial on in my request thread Here

My games:
Eve Online

Expertise:
Mining
Shooting red crosses
IsBoxer Setup
VideoFX
<<

LargeChicken

Post Mon May 12, 2014 9:08 am

Re: What do you want to know how to do in Eve Online?

Reserved

My games:
Eve Online

Expertise:
Mining
Shooting red crosses
IsBoxer Setup
VideoFX
<<

greenops

Post Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:12 pm

I want to know more specifically about target acquisition when doing wormholes and other pve or pvp stuff.

Also, how to actually manage what rocks you target across multiple accounts at once with a miner.

The best way to manage the position of ships in a fleet. (orbit a leader?)

Lastly how to manage logistics in addition your dps portion of the fleet

I already have all the videoFX stuff worked out and how to join and remove certain characters from certain broadcast groups. I just have t
<<

Zerlestes92

Post Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:11 am

Pve and pvp targeting fleet movement as well as logistic since all my expirience in eve is simply dualboxing for ratting and multiboxing mining

i want to try incursions or ratting or lvl 4 missions something combat relatet with enough
isk making potential to plex my accounts

The problem is my chars are mostly skilled for mining combat skills are rare i need months of training
until i can manage a setup i would be happy with

ehm and the pvp side i hate pvp

but i have a few guys i like to gank the hell out of them
and with 7 accounts i can imagine that it would be enough
<<

LargeChicken

Post Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:17 am

greenops wrote:
1)I want to know more specifically about target acquisition when doing wormholes and other pve or pvp stuff.

2)Also, how to actually manage what rocks you target across multiple accounts at once with a miner.

3)The best way to manage the position of ships in a fleet. (orbit a leader?)

4)Lastly how to manage logistics in addition your dps portion of the fleet

I already have all the videoFX stuff worked out and how to join and remove certain characters from certain broadcast groups. I just have t

1) For most situations focusing your fire is the best option here. Especially in wormholes removing DPS from the field quickly is the best route to take. For running several characters in anomalies you may want to split your fire on battlecruisers and lower which can be accomplished the same way as point 2 -
2) I normally use repeater regions for this. I'm in pre-production for a tutorial covering them at the moment.
3) An anchor is the best way to do this. (Orbiting or keeping at range a single ship)
4) This one is a bit more complicated. The way I'd do it would be a combination of videoFX passthroughs and broadcast groups with clever management. I may do a tutorial on this at some point but I'd need to flesh it out a bit.

Zerlestes92 wrote:Pve and pvp targeting fleet movement as well as logistic since all my expirience in eve is simply dualboxing for ratting and multiboxing mining

i want to try incursions or ratting or lvl 4 missions something combat relatet with enough
isk making potential to plex my accounts

The problem is my chars are mostly skilled for mining combat skills are rare i need months of training
until i can manage a setup i would be happy with

ehm and the pvp side i hate pvp

but i have a few guys i like to gank the hell out of them
and with 7 accounts i can imagine that it would be enough

• I touched on PVE targeting in point 2 above. Like I said, working on a tutorial for it.
  • Pvp targeting is pretty straight forward. If you have an FC just use the broadcast list. If you are running solo just sort by name. I have my characters nearing the point where I'll be taking them out in fleets so I may have some non-tutorial content coming out featuring that.
  • Fleet movement is best done with an anchor as I said above.
  • See point 4 about logistics.
  • Unfortunately I have never done incursions so I can't be of much help there but there is already a discussion about incursions going on in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5640 that might be helpful.
  • Ratting is easy especially with the number of accounts you have. Havens can be done in around 5 minutes or less with 7 Vexor Navy issues running sentries at 50k and you barely even need to tank them. A T1 shield extender resist mods will suffice in Gurristas space with correct spawn management. Upgrading to ishtars with even barebones skills makes it :lolfreeisk: status. The main issue is getting into a corp/alliance with good space that will accept someone who hates pvp. However, if you are willing to go out on a couple fleets a week (Which isn't that bad really and you may actually like organized fleets) an alliance like Fcon would not be difficult to get into.

disclaimer: I am not advocating for any alliance or coalition. Fcon was just an example. I am not affiliated with FCON.
  • With that in mind incursions will probably be your best bet for isk/hour.
  • Now for the fun bit :) If you want to use your accounts for the noble cause of freeing plebs of the burden of their purple mods (Or whatever cause you gank for) Tornadoes are a good bet for large targets, while Thrashers or Catalysts are good for small targets. I won't get into the particulars but do a bit of research on concord mechanics and figure out roughly how much damage these options can do before :concordokken: and choose the best option for your target. Thrashers can generally kill well fit Tengus in numbers while Tornadoes are good for marauders and such. Just be smart about it and research your targets before turning off your safeties :)

Keep the replies coming. It looks like fleet and target management seems to be the main area of interest so stay tuned for some content geared in that direction.

Edits for reasons.

My games:
Eve Online

Expertise:
Mining
Shooting red crosses
IsBoxer Setup
VideoFX
<<

bugme143

Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:36 pm

I'd love to see a video of Menu's for EVE Online.

Reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX6gsNLMsVI

I watched his advanced video to get a radial menu working, and that is glorious! Would love to be able to do what he did in the video for EVE...
I'm an EVE bro with extended knowledge of incursions. Feel free to contact me here.
<<

ISBoxer trialist

Post Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:14 am

What is the easiest way to get boxed ships to orbit the main?

Orbit is not an option from the rightclick menu on self (main), for obvious reasons.
<<

bugme143

Post Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:40 am

ISBoxer trialist wrote:What is the easiest way to get boxed ships to orbit the main?

Orbit is not an option from the rightclick menu on self (main), for obvious reasons.

If you make a fleet with your alts, the squad commander has a "Regroup" option when you click the 3 little bars on the top left that makes the squad members orbit you at 2500 (if I remember correctly)
I'm an EVE bro with extended knowledge of incursions. Feel free to contact me here.
<<

LargeChicken

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:58 am

bugme143 wrote:
ISBoxer trialist wrote:What is the easiest way to get boxed ships to orbit the main?

If you make a fleet with your alts, the squad commander has a "Regroup" option when you click the 3 little bars on the top left that makes the squad members orbit you at 2500 (if I remember correctly)

What he said, except they orbit at 500 I think.

My games:
Eve Online

Expertise:
Mining
Shooting red crosses
IsBoxer Setup
VideoFX
<<

bugme143

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:19 pm

LargeChicken wrote:
bugme143 wrote:

What he said, except they orbit at 500 I think.

You're absolutely correct. It'd been a while since I ever used the fleet command that I had forgotten.
Next

Return to EVE Online