FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Program to clone Eve Window Postions...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Jeran

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:28 pm

Re: Program to clone Eve Window Postions...

GarpaUI is incredible. The newest version even moreso, cause you get to pick which characters to copy your overview/ui settings to, so you can easily have a ratting setup, a pvp setup, an industry setup, and so on.

New Devblog (contains download links to public release): http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev ... ight-garpa
<<

NitroExpress

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Is Garpa safe? My Trojan Killer program flags it as malware.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:19 pm

NitroExpress wrote:Is Garpa safe? My Trojan Killer program flags it as malware.

CCP had a blog post about Garpa (link in the post above yours), so I imagine it's just fine. If you believe it's tainted then upload the file in question to VirusTotal to see what it says.
<<

sgtpain

Post Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:05 pm

This Garpa program is awesome, is it being developed further to take advantage of Isboxer's virtual folder system.

I'm a bit of a lazy bones so merging & copying is in the too hard basket :lol:
<<

Jeran

Post Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:55 pm

I can't find any official word on further GarpaUI development, but who knows what pmchem and those guys are up to.

If you want to use the ISBoxer virtual files, which I highly recommend, you're stuck doing the copy/paste trick for now. It really shouldn't take more than a minute or two.

Complete instructions:
-Create your new team using unique character names (I use "TeamName-Character Name").
-Make sure your ISBoxer windows are set up properly.
-Open your team and log in to each character that you want the UI to apply to.
-Set up your UI on one of the characters.
-Log out all of the characters.
-Open your %userprofile%\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_program_files_(x86)_ccp_eve_tranquility folder (or the equivalent folder on your computer).
-Backup and empty, or just empty, the settings folder.
-Copy all of the files from each of the settings-TeamName-CharacterName folders to the settings folder.

-Run GarpaUI and apply settings from the character you set up the UI on to all of the other characters.
-Copy all of the files from the settings folder to each of the settings-TeamName-CharacterName folders.

I bolded the extra steps; they really don't take that long.
<<

NitroExpress

Post Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:20 pm

How do you get GerpaUI to locate ISBoxer set of characters? It defaults to the EVE Launcher and I'm not clear on how to get it to default on IS Boxer setups.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:12 pm

GarpaUI has moved on from the version stickied in this post.

The manual for GarpaUI version 2, as posted on the CCP forums has a specific section for ISBoxer. It is one of the tiny links down the bottom of the page.

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev ... 1411769176

Or failing that, you can do it manually as outlined in this post. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5645
<<

Jeran

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:52 am

NitroExpress wrote:How do you get GerpaUI to locate ISBoxer set of characters? It defaults to the EVE Launcher and I'm not clear on how to get it to default on IS Boxer setups.

You have to use the copy/paste method described here:

(this takes place after you use the ISBoxer Toolkit Wizard to create your team)

1. Login all characters via IS-Boxer once (and log them out again).
2. Set up overview on one of your characters (using ISBoxer).
3. Log out.
4. Copy contents of all SETTINGS-NAME directories to "settings".
5. Apply settings via GarpaUI.
6. Copy contents of "settings" directory to all SETTINGS-NAME directories and overwrite if needed

The slightly more complicated answer is that GarpaUI creates a virtual settings folder for each character you create in the ISBoxer Toolkit. For example, if you create a "Ratting Team" with characters "One", "Two", and "Three", you will see the following settings folders in your "USER/appdata/local/ccp/eve/c_program_files_(x86)_ccp_eve_tranquility/" folder (may vary based on windows/mac version).

-Settings
-Settings-One
-Settings-Two
-Settings-Three

GarpaUI only recognizes "Settings". So you need to copy stuff from the other settings folders into the one that GarpaUI recognizes, then run GarpaUI, then copy everything back out.

The advantage of this setup is that you can have multiple settings folders for the same character, as long as you name it different things in the ISBoxer Toolkit setup wizard. For example, I use my main (we'll call him "Char1") for both my Capital Ships team and my Ratting team. They have different layouts, so I need different UIs, so I need different settings folders. So when I make my team in ISBoxer, instead of adding the character "Char1" to both teams, I add the character "Char1-Caps" to the Capital Ships team and I add the character "Char1-Ratting" to the Ratting team. When I launch for the first time, ISBoxer creates the folders "Settings-Char1-Caps" and "Settings-Char1-Ratting". I can then set up the overviews separately, sync them with the rest of their respective teams using GarpaUI, and I'm good to go.
<<

sdled

Post Sun May 06, 2018 12:01 pm

thanks dl it gona try it out
<<

Michi

Post Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:39 am

An update for late 2019. There is a new / maintained program to synch the client settings between accounts. Link to reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/cpfhdm/your_personal_reminder_that_eve_account_neat/
Previous

Return to EVE Online