FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EVE's new Launcher, how to make it work well with ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed May 22, 2013 11:51 am

EVE's new Launcher, how to make it work well with ISBoxer

First of all: You should already have the new EVE launcher operational before attempting to use it with ISBoxer. Meaning patched to the current version, and when you launch it on its own, it is able to play the game.

ISBoxer 41.2.0522.1 adds virtualization of the new EVE launcher's Cookies file which stores your Usernames, and Inner Space build 5844 corrects a minor bug with virtualizing this particular file. So, you will want to update both ISBoxer and Inner Space. Both of them should offer to patch (or automatically patch, in Inner Space's case) to the necessary versions simply by re-launching ISBoxer and Inner Space.

After updating ISBoxer, the Virtual File Wizard and the Quick Setup Wizard both include settings for setting up the virtual "Cookies" file for you. If you have existing Characters (in ISBoxer) you want to set this up for, use the Virtual File Wizard, tell it EVE Online, and pick the Characters to apply them to on the last page. Export to Inner Space after doing so!

When logging into the game via the launcher, each launcher window comes up one at a time. Make sure that in the EVE Launcher Settings, in the Startup tab, the check box labelled "Close the EVE Launcher after starting EVE Online" is checked. After you log into the launcher and click Play, the game instance from that launcher will come up, and the launcher will close. When the game instance comes up, the next launcher will automatically come up.

Finally, until CCP corrects a couple minor bugs, you will have to use a workaround in order for the Cookies file to correctly save your Username for each Character. Just logging in and clicking Play is not enough to save your Usernames! If you need to change the Username that comes up in the box, including if that box was empty when the launcher came up, you will need to log in, then click "Switch user account", and then log in again. I have mailed CCP Atropos about this issue via the EVE forums, so hopefully it gets resolved soon.

After logging in for the first time and ensuring that your username saves, you will not need to enter or select the Username any more, just your password in each Launcher.
<<

Drokoth

Post Wed May 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Re: EVE's new Launcher, how to make it work well with ISBoxer

Thanks Lax.
For the time being I am still able to bypass the launcher as I have been doing by linking inner space to the actual eveexe in the bin folder of the client.
I just have to make sure the client is up to date before I launch my character set. hopefully the bugs will be sorted out before CCP eventually kills off the natural log in process inside the client.
I have to admit this launcher had me worried for a bit there.
<<

SteelDragon

Post Thu May 23, 2013 9:11 am

Lax ,
Thank you as always world class service. As to the launcher your current or old method will work untell ody launches, at that time the boot.ini will be removed and we will have to use the new method lax provided above. Good luck to you all and hope to pod you in space :-)
<<

enth

Post Fri May 24, 2013 3:02 am

great news, thanks a ton Lax!!

o7
<<

enth

Post Fri May 24, 2013 6:30 am

ok, I followed the instructions in your post and it works, the launcher closes after login, starts the client, and a new launcher pops up. It sux, thanks to CCP, as it takes forever to log in my clients this way. Before I started up my character set, went to grab a coffee and when I came back, I simply had to log in on all toons simultaneously. Now, I need to stay there and enter the pw and wait a good 5 sec before the next launcher starts loading. Nothing that can be done on your end, CCP is retarded, but we knew that.

About the workaround with storing the logon name, that doesnt work for me. Every time the launcher is loading, it suggests the first username I entered, not even with clicking switch account, so I need to enter the username every time.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri May 24, 2013 7:01 am

enth wrote:About the workaround with storing the logon name, that doesnt work for me. Every time the launcher is loading, it suggests the first username I entered, not even with clicking switch account, so I need to enter the username every time.

This could potentially be caused by not having the Cookies file virtualized at all.

You can find out for sure if it should be working, and also use an additional workaround. :)

First, open up the EVE launcher's cache\BrowserCache folder. e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE\launcher\cache\BrowserCache.
You should have a Cookies file, and if your Cookies file is virtualized correctly you should also see Cookies-charname for each of your guys. If it's not virtualized correctly, you might be able to fix that within ISBoxer Toolkit.

If it is virtualized correctly, then you can probably just delete all of the Cookies files, and launch your team and follow the workaround instructions with Switch user account. This time around, since there is no Cookies file to begin with, the game won't start out with the wrong username. You should also NOT see the main Cookies file be created when launching your team; because it is virtualized, the game will ONLY create the per-Character files. When you launch the game without ISBoxer, it will make the main Cookies file.
<<

enth

Post Fri May 24, 2013 7:34 am

lax wrote:
enth wrote:About the workaround with storing the logon name, that doesnt work for me. Every time the launcher is loading, it suggests the first username I entered, not even with clicking switch account, so I need to enter the username every time.

This could potentially be caused by not having the Cookies file virtualized at all.

You can find out for sure if it should be working, and also use an additional workaround. :)

First, open up the EVE launcher's cache\BrowserCache folder. e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE\launcher\cache\BrowserCache.
You should have a Cookies file, and if your Cookies file is virtualized correctly you should also see Cookies-charname for each of your guys. If it's not virtualized correctly, you might be able to fix that within ISBoxer Toolkit.

If it is virtualized correctly, then you can probably just delete all of the Cookies files, and launch your team and follow the workaround instructions with Switch user account. This time around, since there is no Cookies file to begin with, the game won't start out with the wrong username. You should also NOT see the main Cookies file be created when launching your team; because it is virtualized, the game will ONLY create the per-Character files. When you launch the game without ISBoxer, it will make the main Cookies file.

They were virtualized, I checked with the method you described. I then went ahead and deleted all cookie files, again, no dice. This time the wrong username was not saved anymore, but it wont store the usernames now, not even the 1st one. I had the main cookie file in there as well, so deleted then all contents in the directory and re-virtualized my clients in ISBoxer and tried again, again no luck. I totally realize that this is not something ISBoxer is to blame for, but CCP, and I thank you for trying to help :)
<<

enth

Post Fri May 24, 2013 7:45 am

in other words, the cookie files are there for the characters, but it looks like nothing gets written into them? I checked, the files are not write-protected.
<<

enth

Post Fri May 24, 2013 9:15 am

someone on the Eve forums, in one of the rage threads, came with a solution that did the trick.

You need, for the first logon, disable the "auto close launcher" button. Then you log in and it will finally save your username.

CCP is so fail, did I mention that before?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:40 am

I had to split this topic because of posts about bypassing the launcher. This thread is additional information about how to USE the launcher.

If you want to bypass the launcher, don't look in the thread that describes how to use the launcher. Rather, just see EVE Quick Start Guide

Return to EVE Online