FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

first day and of course have a question or two

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Can_I_box

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:18 am

first day and of course have a question or two

Just got isboxer set up yesterday and will be playing more with it after work but first question. the down time checker, I assume the numbers listed are the down time. Is this local time that I'm supposed to put in those variables? the header just says adjust for DST but doesn't specify if it is game time or local time.

Does this program auto fleet up the multiple toons?

I found part one of the set up for eve guide other then the last part i seemed to have gotten the setup right will add that when i get home.

Are there really this few people using this in eve?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:33 am

Re: first day and of course have a question or two

There's a good handful of people who use ISBoxer with EVE that don't share their information. ISBoxer does not have anything particularly EVE-specific, like forming your fleet.

Few people publicly admitted using ISBoxer for EVE previously, because until about a week ago the information from CCP indicated that broadcasting (key/mouse) was against the rules. Then came Kromtor's awesome hack job with wooden dowels, which got a lot of attention for doing something we previously only used as a hypothetical (usually popsicle sticks). The only logical response to his setup was of course to allow multiboxing instead of locking it down to people who want to buy a bunch of hardware and connect the dowels.

Anyway, as someone who doesn't play EVE I can't answer the first question, but happy to help with anything I know the answer to ;)
<<

Nardella

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:48 am

Re: first day and of course have a question or two

"Just got isboxer set up yesterday and will be playing more with it after work but first question. the down time checker, I assume the numbers listed are the down time. Is this local time that I'm supposed to put in those variables? the header just says adjust for DST but doesn't specify if it is game time or local time. "

I am unsure what you are asking about.

"Does this program auto fleet up the multiple toons?"

That is against the EVE Online EULA, if it is possible to do this I wont work to find out how.

"I found part one of the set up for eve guide other then the last part i seemed to have gotten the setup right will add that when i get home. "

If you have any feedback on the guide please let me know. I wrote it and intend to maintain it.

"Are there really this few people using this in eve?"

Probably, I personally like to be a "good boy" and avoid breaking the EULA. I expect more will come.

Return to EVE Online