FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Eve Login Screen-Login names issue- Resolved

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Kalunmaar

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:21 pm

Eve Login Screen-Login names issue- Resolved

Greetings people. I have a slight issue since I have upgraded my PC. I have a clean install of windows 7 and as such had to set up my isboxer and all relevant programs from scratch.

Here's my problem:
As soon as I launch my character set "All characters" it would open normally, but the user names on the applicable screens are all the same (usernameA instead of usernameA, usernameB, usernameC etc.)

These are the steps I took:
* I have created 4 Junction links to the folder Eve (so I have Eve, Eve2, Eve3, Eve4, Eve5 making 5 folders respectively).
* I have added each seperate eve.exe in the bin folder to innerspace as a game.
* I have added the respective characters - each to his corresponding main on the account
* Ofcourse the window layout is set up aswell

What I don't understand however - is what I could have done wrong this time.
I would really like it if someone could shed some light on this, if it's a mistake on my part or if there's a work-around.
Last edited by Kalunmaar on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Re: Eve Login Screen-Login names issue. Please help?

* I have created 4 Junction links to the folder Eve (so I have Eve, Eve2, Eve3, Eve4, Eve5 making 5 folders respectively).

This step is unnecessary, you only need one EVE folder. I believe some people use multiple folders in order to work around an issue with EVE's cache, but this is the type of problem that is generally solved with Virtual Files. But, that's okay, carry on.

As soon as I launch my character set "All characters" it would open normally, but the user names on the applicable screens are all the same (usernameA instead of usernameA, usernameB, usernameC etc.)

The username is stored by EVE in its config file. Once you successfully log in, EVE should remember the account for each Character you have set up in ISBoxer. The first time you launch, it is pretty normal to not have the right names in the boxes. To ensure you're logging into the right one in each window, one thing you can do is do an Export to Inner Space while you have the game windows up. This will pop up the right character's name in each window for a few seconds
<<

Kalunmaar

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:59 pm

I am very sorry to be of so much trouble. I have now removed my junctions as you said. It will all run off the same .exe from now on. I am just unclear about what you mean concerning:
Export to Inner Space while you have the game windows up

This is the fix that will let the correct login info be in each Eve Window, so I only have to enter the password? My issue is not having the correct username at 2nd start up, even after having entered it. On my old installtion it all just worked.

Thanks in advance.
<<

Kalunmaar

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:30 pm

I am retarded... I finally figured out what you meant. My apologies, since English is my second language. Thank you so much for the help. Everything is working fine now!

Return to EVE Online