FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New EVE build release effecting mulitiboxing?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gunner1962

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:02 pm

New EVE build release effecting mulitiboxing?

After new eve build released on Tuesday, I attempt to log in with my normal 4 man crew. The updater went as far as 47.6%, froze then a few min later a window pops up about some kind of error. I then have the option to click 'ok' or 'launch eve'. Clicking 'launch eve' launches eve and one (1) of my crew. The launcher/updater window stays open and the launching sequence for mulitbox crew stops. I close the eve launcher, click on launch crew and the sequence repeats. updater goes to 47.6%, freezes and so on. I can get all 4 toons launched, but only via that sequence.

is this an eve issue or isboxer issue?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Re: New EVE build release effecting mulitiboxing?

Have you tried patching Eve completely independently of IS/ISBoxer?
<<

gunner1962

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Alge wrote:Have you tried patching Eve completely independently of IS/ISBoxer?

I have not, I thought about it, but eve its self runs just fine. I have 2 toons on it right now... it is just the sequence to get them open that used to be automatic, is now problematic.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:46 pm

I think the point here is that the updater shouldn't need to get to 47% through Inner Space/ISBoxer, because you would normally patch it without ISBoxer and then use it with ISBoxer.

How is it not the same with and without ISBoxer? You shouldn't have to see the launcher at all, if Inner Space gets pointed to exefile.exe, and there's a launcher option to only show the updater when there is a patch. Do you have multiple EVE folders that you need to patch and you're only patching one of them?

Are you on the development build of Inner Space? If so, then you might need to update to build 5700+ or switch to non-development.
<<

PsyberTech

Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:22 am

If there is an update, I always abort InnerSpace and quit EvE. I then launch a single session of EvE and update all my patches. After that I go back run InnerSpace and launch in all 13 accounts. I am finally back to 62+ FPS again. For a while my FPS was having a hard time staying above 10. :(

Return to EVE Online