FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Refuses to start - Eve Online (blocking?)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rainman18385

Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:21 am

Refuses to start - Eve Online (blocking?)

BeZ here, getting a friend into ISBoxer with Eve Online. I've set everything up as it is on mine, it continues to feel like something is initially blocking innerspace from launching the clients. Although Eve Online launches perfectly without innerspace. Checked through already uninstalled numerous programs (as well as AVG), he is running Windows 8.

http://privatepaste.com/24e112ce16

Basically, whenever I click on the character set it initially does nothing. (even after waiting) whenever I hit it again it says Eve.EXE has stopped working but without ever opening up a client.

Just trying to figure out what's up, and I appreciate all the help,
Rainman.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:12 am

Re: Refuses to start - Eve Online (blocking?)

Try disabling TeamViewer? It's loading in the process and may be conflicting with Inner Space.

It could also be a compatibility issue with Windows 8, I do have a few things to work out with that yet
<<

BeZ

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:45 am

Figured it out Lax, we tried it on his other laptop and managed to narrow it down to Windows 8. (teamviewer+AVG works) Only reason why we didn't stop testing earlier was because we were running off of this post for windows 8 - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2093
"It's not a question of whether ISBoxer can do it, but a question of how to do it." - Zeb

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:23 am

I'm downloading EVE to my Windows 8 test box now. Both WoW and EQ1 seem to work fine... I am still using CTP 8250 though, which could make a difference. (Haven't booted this thing up in a while, it's installed on an old laptop)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:56 am

Inner Space build 5664 corrects a Windows 8 compatibility issue with Inner Space + EVE Online. The game would begin to launch, Inner Space would see it begin to launch, but then the process would immediately terminate (crash). 5664 corrects this issue so the game should launch.

Let me know :)

Return to EVE Online