FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

First day Using ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

K4IGE

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:46 am

First day Using ISBoxer

My expeiriance has been great so far getting setup, im already running missions with 3 drone boats where issuing commands has been a breeze :D

What I have not be able to figure out is how to get a second activity like salvaging wrecks or hauling to work on the side, Im trying to find a way to block broadcast to an entire client and access it mostly though video FX stream I have of the overview. My second monitor is running DXnothing with feeds of the overviews and a FX swap window for each of the 4 clients, but since I built it on a modified stacked no swapping I ran into some issues. Any suggestions ?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:58 am

Re: First day Using ISBoxer

While I don't play EVE, I think this may be at least party what you are looking for.

FAQ: How do I broadcast only to certain windows and leave out others?

I recommend the Action Target Group approach in the third post of the thread which is linked in the FAQ.
<<

SteelDragon

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:30 pm

What I do is use an ATG to control my support while my main fleet is ratting / mining. This way I control my logi / salvager seperate from the bulk of my fleet. Since there is a lack of usable keymaps for eve I then use a repeater region set to block click from current window and target my ATG in this case I named it support. Then I set this repeater over the last part of my overview for my main window and can control the entire fleet from one overview. Ofcourse i have a dxnothing with video feeds setup on my second monitor to monitor the activity and control individual ships if needed. Also.running full screen stacked with hotkeys to swap primary window. Hope this helps
<<

K4IGE

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:02 pm

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1037 Ended up being the best explanation for ATGs. I made a copy of the repeater, changed the hotkey, and edited step 1 to the ATG. The issue I had with Video Fx buttons was resolved once I found the hotkey to use them was alt.

The only problem that I have is the game on monitor 1 will go the background and the toolbar pops up as I use the interfaces in the Video fx on my second monitor.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:23 am

The only problem that I have is the game on monitor 1 will go the background and the toolbar pops up as I use the interfaces in the Video fx on my second monitor.

I have my take-bar set to Auto-hide. That is one way around the problem.

Another way is to pick a Window Layout that avoids the task-bar.

A third way might be to change the "Always on Top Mode" of some of your Regions. To do this, select your Window Layout in the top pane of ISBoxer. Then click on Regions (under the name of your Window Layout) in the bottom left pane of ISBoxer. Over to the far right of that you'll see 3 tabs: Regions, Slots, Swap Groups. Make sure Regions is selected. Then, for each Region selectable from the drop-down, try the other options for "Always on Top Mode". "On, if a Game Window is Foreground" may be what you are after.
<<

K4IGE

Post Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:10 pm

been using ISboxer for awhile now and have not had to change my setup at all since I got my ATGs working, which has left me a lot of time to run dominix though lvl 4 missions. With 3 accounts that did not have combat skills when I started I have been able to keep them plexed. Most of the money comes from the salvage and the lp isn't bad either. here is a screenshot of my setup :) . I still have some room in the corner for another account, and I can put my main on the first screen and still have access to all my overviews. I didn't setup my watch list but it goes right under the drone window (Its better if its at the top of the screen because you can right click on it the menus are aligned even for the squad leader).
Attachments
4box.jpg
4box.jpg (596.37 KiB) Viewed 9411 times

Return to EVE Online