FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multi Boxing Incursions?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

yeaimjason

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:58 am

Multi Boxing Incursions?

So I have not played even in a while and I used to mine with 1 rorqual, 1 orca, 18 miners and one tengu. For ratting I used to run 15 domi's or mixed with carriers in sanctums/havens, I found it boring after a long time and the Isk was nice but the challenge was not. Yes I used to do my own gate camps with drone blobs assisted on a fast tackle :P.

Anyway it just so happens 7 of my accounts can fly Machs and atleast three can fly Logi. I'm curious if anyone has attempted to either A: 7 Box all the dps or B: run all 10-11 ships solo? I have a friend who has three pilots that can fly logi as well and multi boxes (just not to my scale). I've never actually done an Incursion (have not resubed yet) and was curious on other people's thoughts on this. I'm not sure if I want to jump back into my alliance again and be full time in EVE, would be nice to mess about in high sec every now and again.

Also there is the option that I get all 21 of my accounts into one of those larger fleets, I heard those don't make as much money, I'm out of the loop but I hear the isk Per hour is still at the top.
<<

BeZ

Post Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:35 am

Re: Multi Boxing Incursions?

Although I havn't personally tried 1 man incursion fleet, I have ran a few thousand (VG/HQ's) and know a few people who have. (1 person solo's HQ's every now and then).
I'm just waiting on my guys to finish skilling, already got ISBoxer setup and have been testing it the past week.

Though I'm going for a different fleet comp-
1(1) legion (drone bunny)
7(5) apocs (mega pulse)
2(1/2) guardians (5/1 fit)
1(3/4) offgrid booster.

Setup-
1 legion, main comp, left screen full. (Ctrl + D = Legion + All DPS), (Ctrl + Shift + Alt + D = All)
7 dps, main comp, 2nd screen (Ctrl + D = the rest of DPS) - to assist all drones to main, and to attack different target, (Ctrl + Shift + Alt + D = All)
2 guardians, laptop (Ctrl + D both guardians)
1 offgrid booster, laptop.

So yes, it can be done.. Just make sure you have the right setup, and work out all the kinks before actually attempting it. - Afterall, you probably wont be just losing 1 ship if things go wrong. Obviously using 21 accounts to run an assault/HQ will produce more income than 10 accounts running a vanguard. Though start small. :) no jumping beyond what you can control.
"It's not a question of whether ISBoxer can do it, but a question of how to do it." - Zeb

<<

angeldogsuit

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:36 am

Very Interesting. I knew it could be done. I have been inactive since before the last expansion which made changes to Incursions, and now that I am back, I would seriously like to look into multi-boxing some missions. I did something when cleaning things up with Revo and AVG, after my 16 y.o. grandson played a lot of downloaded games and I knew I needed to get this little SSD as unloaded as possible and safe again.

Somewhere along the way I broke IS Boxer. It would load the 6 instances of eve fine in the layout I had chosen (Grandson did not know Eve PW). but the keyword and repeater keys were dead and the shift/alt/r did not get anything jumpstarted. I had some changes I wanted to make anyway. When I first got back on, ISB loaded fine and the repeater worked (I've never gotten past repeater) but all 6 instances were loading with a 7th character's account name in all 6 instances and I have to manually change each one.

Of course, that is all a moot point now that I have hit clear and I have a blank slate.

My question to you is about your choice to go with an armor fleet instead of shield?

Also, it might have been obvious to me months ago, but I've slept since then, so could you please tell me the meanings of the numbers in bowlegs - as in "7(5) apocs (mega pulse)" - is that 7 ships with 5 megas? I understand guardians with a 5/1 fit and it seems like it would be 2 ships, but no matter how obvious it will seem to me as soon as you tell me I can't make out the (1/2) part....

I've always used shield fleets so my skills are all trained to max in engineering and I'm maxed out for mach's, Nightmares, Legion/tengu, Basi and Scimis. My off grid booster is a cap-stable 8 link claymore and the driver has a Siege Warfare Mindlink and 5s in all leaderships skills.

I've seen a multi-boxer who was using about 8 (coulda been 10) maelstroms for dps. but missed his other fleet members.

I have not even read the patch notes for this new expansion, and as usual, there have been nearly daily updates so they will have it about right when they introduce the next expansion and make us all beta testers again.

I'm just using one computer and mining operations and level 5 security missions were no problems. I have some others I can use but really would like to keep it all on one (30' Dell) screen and not get into KVMs, just max uasage of my G150 and my G13.

I would really appreciate any help you could offer and promise to never compete with you.

Thanks!
<<

Hadara

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:46 am

I'm also interested in an Incursion setup, especially the logistics part.

How do you rep your ships that are getting damage atm? Micro-Management hell or is there some clever way to do it with click-bars etc?

I'd have 4-5 dps and 1-2 logi pilots available (+offgrid T3 booster w/ mindlink).

Would really appreciate pointers, or even better: examples. :D

Thanks!
<<

yeaimjason

Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:14 am

The only way I can logically see making it work is running 3 Scimitars and trying to keep 1-3 reps on per ship... that way you can focus on blasting down the adds. I personally think it's a two man job, unless you are doing the 20+ man fights you can get away with just being the DPS. I heard after coming back that Incursions do not make as much money as they used to :(. Mining Dark Glitter seems to be the best isk maker, 18 macks coming up!
<<

angeldogsuit

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Thank you very much for your reply!

For vanguards, I was thinking 2scimi, 4dps multi-boxed in one character set, and a free range OGB from my laptop.

My OGB is in a claymore with 8 capstable links, a siege mindlink and level5s in every leadership skill, so he will be in the Squad leader position. Can't beat that flat 15% bonus to all shields in the fleet! The links are the ones most FCs have wanted, but there is one (which I cannot seem to recall by name) I think I could easily drop for most non MBoxed fleets - but FCs love hearing "8 capstable links" so I try to keep them happy. I'll have to review each link for it's necessity. I don't know at this point, but the off, may become an on grid booster with a little firpower, but might turn out to be a real sansha DPS magnet as boosters tend to be. I really would like to get away from 1Vepas and 3 dread gurista CPU modules - such a juicy gank target to be all alone, even under the watchful eye of a gate or station guns. Back when ganking incursions was a fun thing for folks, I used to prep the battlefield by sending out an alt to take a shot at the OGB and draw a bevy of Concord who tend to hang around a long time - but I never got ganked, even though I got targetted plenty by those happy go lucky ganksters.

I think I will split the two Scimis between the 4 dps with one (maybe 2 - experience will answer that qq) repper in reserve on each to throw on a ship that gets alpha'd. I think it is important to keep the logis locked on all the DPS and each other, constantly repping the DPS but maintaining some reserve which can be instantly applied without having to finish a cycle and then be applied to each other and any DPS who gets down to half shields. I've been full room alpha'd too many times and watched as my shield disappeared in two volleys, but that was in HQs, not VGs.

I'll experiment with a variety of DPS combinations to find my comfort level. The time it takes to change ammo in the machs is certainly a drawback for an all mach fleet. I will stagger load the machs so they don't all run out of ammo at the same time. I do that in a single mach by making two turret groups, fully loading one and half loading the other. So long since I did a VG, and regardless of what I can't remember, maybe range is not an issue with the post expansion VGs so that will remove my concern about changing ammo types.

I am thinking after I finally get around to reading the eve notes and FC notes about the post expansion missions, I may start out with two machs and two Nightmares and see which I like better. Who knows, maybe I'll get down two basi and four navy geddons! And the OGB will just be loafing around somewhere, or not.

Just random thoughts from a random guy. I'll be out of pocket for a little over a week, so if anyone directs anythng at me, please don't think I'm ignoring you - I'm just getting a tan!
<<

angeldogsuit

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:34 pm

"the 18 macks" comment spurred a thought...

Not sure if the goons are still paying attentiion to specialty mining as they were during their "kill all Ice Miners" but that is a consideration.

They are heavily invested in destroying all ships that use a lot of moon goo wherever it is used in ship construction. One goon told me that every hulk (and maybe macks - I dunno) that was destroyed and replaeced netted them a profit. I'm only going by what he said to me, maybe it is not moongoo, but for some reason, the rank and file goon is committed to a 12 month hulkageddon because that raises their alliance's income. Maybe just a rumor to keep the boys and girls busy. But even if the basis is not correct, keeping an especially watchful eye would be helpful. And using a alt you can afford let die take a shot at you in rookie ship will give you a large concord presence for a couple of hours reducing the goon volleys to one.

One thing I found helpful in mining through Hulkageddon without losing a ship is putting one hulk in a belt and spreading the hulks out over many systems, multiboxing the hulks and orcas who travelled to unlosd them. by spreading them out, I spread out the liability, but made the liklihood of being found a little greater. I knew I'd never lose more than one at a time! And I had one orca servicing two hulks, no more than two jumps apart, but the pairs of hulks were in different regions.
<<

K4IGE

Post Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:33 am

Well Incursions got a major nerf :( , but you could run vanguards with 2 logi and 8 DPS, running 3 logi would cut in on payout but make for a safer fleet. All the mach with a shield transfer in the high and a set of medium shield repair drones for safety. The only downside is no dedicated webber which will slow you down and I have no idea how you would manage all your reps. But flying around a buffer tanked mach is one of the safest ships to fly, aligns fast and would take a lot of tornadoes to kill. But if one thing goes wrong in a site expect to lose every ship, And if you really wanted to have a challenge :twisted: Get a fleet comp that can tank incursions and dedicate the rest of your ships to be blackbirds that can jam there logi, evil but a lot more reward with less risk.

Hulkageddon payouts never end now so mining in highsec has its risks, you would be better off setting up a pos is lowsec or quiet area in Null.
<<

Ignat

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi guys) i decide ti join this question cause i need a new chalenge for me multiboxer career ) i`m so tired from mining(((( ice mining also
What i`ve think about is 3 basilisk 7 tengu and 1 OGB with t2 siege link`s and also mindlink in head.
SO!
What u think about tengu ? Is it right way to do ?
http://incursions.nexsoft.de/?mode=news ( thats good place for fit info ) but i see u talking about apoc with t2 mega ( and that sounds good ) BUT!!! lets share some info.

My toons are currently training electronics/engeneering and other stuff . so i want to make right choise what to train for dps ( primary VANGUARD sites )
Good luck to all of u who i can call ONE MAN GANG ))))
<<

BeZ

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:40 am

Blah sorry, didn't notice the new posts.
- Honestly, there are hundreds of different fleet comps able to run incursions.
- in my original post, the 7(5) apocs (mega pulse) where,
7 = the amount I need
(5) = the amount I have skilled
(mega pulse) = the weapon, which is important to say due to tachyons might have the alpha and range, but they don't have the tracking for cruisers.

- as for the logistics, how I have it setup is full repeaters. and then run off of watchlist = Anchor, other basi, DPS in same order.
Once on grid, by locking through the watchlist I only have to lock once, as well as since both logi are at the top of the other watchlist, I can immediately start the cap chain with no issues.
- and since all the dps are in order, your able to rep the same dps at the same time.
This concept goes for the same when running more than 2 logistics, just you have to make sure each logi has its UP chain, and DOWN chain properly placed.

As for goonswarm, they are making a profit - not only by making there own goo++ go up, but also because of knowing whats going to happen before it happens they can simply do a mass buyout (factors in adding to the price), do the job, and start selling little bits at a time while making profits.

Though back to multiboxing, yes incursions have been nerfed - but the current run time of incursions is around 9-10 minutes.. Now with 10 fielded characters, thats 600-700m an hour in isk alone. Also, that is a bad timer. Since the nerf, you never see a *perfect fleet* nor do you see a fleet that synchronizes a target all at the same time. (ever seen a fleet that alpha's there targets every cycle?)
Or an HQ fleet that alpha's 2 battleships every cycle? I have - and with only 28 accounts ran by 1 guy in shield apocs out DPS'd our 40 man (mostly shiny nightmares) very badly.. Also broke our record by over 5 minutes (though we helped <3).

Don't give up, though definitely proceed cautiously.. If need be, do what I'm doing and rat (currently making 250-300m an hour with only 5 accounts ratting - 3 apocs, 1 archon, 1 noctis) to help setup your fleet comp, and practice what works and what doesnt. (10/10's also help test your fleet/computer).

The reason why I went armor is simply because of personal preference (+ I already have 1 character fully specialized), and Apoc's are probably one of the best ships to choose from, they can effectively armor or shield tank, they have high alpha and with the bonus to optimal range, they can run Mega pulse's with multifreq's out to 50k+ for max damage with the tracking to hit cruisers, each ship can get 900+ dps, and with it being crystals.. It becomes very easy to keep track of ammo.
"It's not a question of whether ISBoxer can do it, but a question of how to do it." - Zeb

Next

Return to EVE Online