FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cursor not lining up

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ADamrl018

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:27 pm

Cursor not lining up

http://www.privatepaste.com/569f9cf920

I have ben at this for about 3 hours trying to figure out why my cursors are not lining up in repeater mode. The resolutions match ingame as they are in the ISBover toolkit... Maybe the aspect ratios of my 4 smaller clients? how do i change them?

also im curious how do i move or get rid of the ISBoxer Keymap/Repeater icons on the top left of the clients

Thanks in advance
-Adam
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:01 pm

Re: Cursor not lining up

Your resolutions are not synced. In your Window Layout enable "Use Instant Window Swapping" and re-export.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:57 am

ADamrl018 wrote:also im curious how do i move or get rid of the ISBoxer Keymap/Repeater icons on the top left of the clients

Recently added to the FAQ
<<

ADamrl018

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:20 pm

MiRai wrote:Your resolutions are not synced. In your Window Layout enable "Use Instant Window Swapping" and re-export.

That didnt seem to fix it. see where my cursors are located. I'm thinking it has to do with the smaller clients. the UI seems zoomed or its just not showing the whole client. I've tried UI scaling but that did not help.
<<

ADamrl018

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Lax helped me in chat

* issue fixed *
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Technical explanation... We changed the following:

1. Enabled Instant Swapping to sync the game resolutions

2. We configured a Reset Region for Swap Group 1 (Region 2) for the resolutions to be synced to.

Because Swapping was not previously configured for this Window Layout, the Swap Group did not have a Reset Region configured.
This is important because this works by initially resetting to the "Reset Region" to permanently set the resolution. This can be any Region, hopefully on the same video card... which brings us to number 3.

3. Region 1 -- on its own video card -- gets switched to Swap Group 2, and Swap Group 2's Reset Region is set to Region 1 (the existing region).

Because we are setting up Instant Swapping with a Reset Region, and because we are spanning multiple Video Cards, we should be using multiple Reset Regions (to avoid performance penalties from resetting or moving onto the wrong video card) and therefore multiple Swap Groups. (This is basically what happens during the Window Layout Wizard if you use a Swapping enabled layout with Cross-monitor disabled.)

Return to EVE Online