FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Eve won't launch most of the time

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Romulus

Post Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Eve won't launch most of the time

Alright I have been fighting with ISBoxer and eve online for 2 days now. Yes I am new to ISBoxer, but I feel I have exhausted my abilities to fix this issue. I can normally run 5 or more eve clients on my machine so that is not the problem. Now into the details.

Hijackthis system scan - http://privatepaste.com/7ae9c6310c
Hijackthis Normal game launch - http://privatepaste.com/c36a964aa0

When I attempt to load Eve through Inner Space (either through a character group or just the game using default profile) I get about a 1 in 2 chance of the game freezing and the chance increase the more I launch it seems. To be more precise. The eve bootstraper (splash screen) is a eve.exe and that launches the game which is exefile.exe. When the game freezes eve.exe seems to work fine and exefile.exe stops loading at between 120-130mb of ram.

Hijackthis frozen eve.exe - http://privatepaste.com/76ca8a0e7d
Hijackthis frozen evefile.exe - http://privatepaste.com/be0acf4409

I have already gone as far as doing a factory restore on my PC. and I get the same issue with or without ZA antivirus and firewall on

BTW I am running windows 7 x64 ultimate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this software appears to good to live without.

Update: I can get all of my character set launched after ending the game task and the relaunching the the character set. I got 3 out of 4 clients on the first relaunch but it took roughly 5 more after that to get the last one launched (last was was slot 3 and the rest slot 1, 2, and 4)
<<

grog123

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:37 pm

Re: Eve won't launch most of the time

I have this identical issue even down to the odds of the game actually loading and the 124,908K CCP ExeFile.exe process that well, as you said appears to stop loading. Since you have uploaded the Hijack data I am not going to bother. I also am new to ISBoxer but I have read every setup instruction on this site including a setup guide that someone in the forums sent me. I have uploaded my system info. Similar to your system, WIndows 7 Ultimate 64, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465, etc. etc.

"Update: I can get all of my character set launched after ending the game task and the relaunching the the character set. I got 3 out of 4 clients on the first relaunch but it took roughly 5 more after that to get the last one launched (last was was slot 3 and the rest slot 1, 2, and 4)"

I have had less luck here than you. I got two clients to load once but that was it. Messing with different CPU core assignments in the ISBoxer setup wizard had no discernable effect on the loading problem. Messing with different window arrangments had no effect.

DxDiag.txt
(31.92 KiB) Downloaded 476 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:15 am

Hi there.

Everyone's hardware is similar. Most of us use Windows 7 64-bit, and there's a good chance we have a recent-generation NVIDIA or ATI card, a bunch of RAM, etc. It's the other software (applications, drivers, and any kind of malware) installed on your PC that is different from mine or his or someone else's. That's why we need your Hijack This! information or even the "Diagnostics for game crashes" through the Help menu in ISBoxer is fine (provides most of the information I would be looking at from Hijack This!, except the list of running services)

Without it, I cannot really guess what it is for you as it is most certainly not the same as it was for the OP. In his case the only other software I see that appears to be inside the game is Zone Alarm.

dxdiag information is not usually helpful to me as the assumption is that you have the game working when not launching it in Inner Space
<<

grog123

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:19 am

Ahh I use zone alarm. I'll try disabling that and if that does not work I'll try removing some of the bloatware that is probably running on my system. I'll upload Hijack This data if I cannot solve the problem myself. Thanks
<<

grog123

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:50 am

yup it was Zone Alarm. ISBoxer/Inner Space works like a charm once I disable Zone Alarm. I tried playing with some Zone Alarm settings (specifically it's "smart defense" setting) but I cannot get Inner Space to work when Zone is running. Anyone have a firewall recomendation that does not interfere with Inner Space?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:07 am

Appreciate the information. I installed and used Zone Alarm for several months this year and I actually couldn't get it to break. I'll have to install it again and see if I can reproduce this issue.

Return to EVE Online