FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Eve not launching

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sil

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:17 am

Eve not launching

Trying to use ISBoxer for the first time and when trying to launching Eve I get the Eve Incarna popup screen and then nothing, I've checked the Console and there's nothing there other than it syaing the set hasn't launched after 3 minutes. In windows process list I see ExeFile.exe is running, but only using 164-167MB of RAM and no cpu, a normal client on the login screen uses 300MB+.
I've been though the "What to do if ISBoxer, or your game, will not launch" post but nothing seems to work.
<<

Xeniaz

Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:16 am

Re: Eve not launching

Hello Sil,
The authentication servers are having a little bit of trouble right now, please be patient while this is corrected.
<<

Sil

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:03 am

So are there auth server problems again?
Because I have this problem again and it's getting old fast, I've had ISBoxer about 7 days and 2+ days I haven't been able to use it.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:53 am

Hi there. No, the auth servers aren't having any trouble at the moment (or recently).

When you first posted, we were in the process of switching to a new host, with new domain name servers, and new IP addresses. While that took place, I had auth servers running on both the old and the new addresses. That's all done and over with for some time now, and the old auth servers have been shut down (around the time of your previous post).

Unless your ISP (or your local network/computer) is using old IPs for our hostnames I don't see any issues. Something you can try related to that is an "ipconfig /flushdns" command, in a Command Prompt window.

However, it's probably not the server. From what you're saying, you have successfully launched Inner Space and it's just the game launch that you're having problems with. Inner Space won't get to the point where you can launch a game unless it has connected to the server.

It's probably software on your PC that is somehow interfering, like the "What to do if ISBoxer, or your game, will not launch" post you mentioned explains. I need the Hijack This! logs from that post to help you with this issue. Alternatively, you can go into the Help menu in ISBoxer, select Diagnostics, and follow those instructions -- paste to privatepaste.com and then link here (or give the Paste ID is also sufficient).
<<

Sil

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:29 am

Ok, the reason I thought it might be servers or something is that it was working fine when I tried it the next day and I hadn't rebooted or anything so everything should have been the same. At the time of the first post I tried shutting down just about every other program that was running.

http://privatepaste.com/535838aef5 - ISBoxer diagnostics output
<<

Sil

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:21 pm

HiJackThis logs:

hijackthis.log: http://privatepaste.com/6766ca33e5
Normal game launch: http://privatepaste.com/960c604abf
ISBoxer hame launch: http://privatepaste.com/f54c0cae1b

I've also gone through again and tried shutting down just about everyting running both before and after a reboot.
<<

Sil

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:13 pm

Ok I give up, I've spent hours on this and I still can't get it working, the hijackthis logs don't show anything that I can see that makes a difference and I've tried turning off just about everything i can think of, programs services etc.

It was great the short time it worked, but it'd be better if it worked all the time. At least I only wasted $10.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:21 pm

I've been travelling, so I wasn't able to respond until now. Are you using the NVIDIA stereoscopic vision thing? Can you try disabling it? It shows up in your "normal" launch but not in the ISBoxer launch. Also, are you using Lowerping?
<<

Sil

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:16 am

Nope don't use the NVIDIA stereoscopic stuff and it's disabled in the NVIDIA controle panel, I noticed it showed up on the normal launch as well, dunno why.
I use LowerPing for Lineage 2, but not Eve, it's also one of the things I tried killing all the processes of as I saw it showing up in those logs (just tried again just to make sure, but no luck).

As a side note, when I tried ISBoxer with Lineage 2 back in Jan, I had the same issue with it never actually launching, at the time I just assumed GameGuard was the cause, but maybe not.
<<

Sil

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:51 pm

?
Next

Return to EVE Online