FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Newest Launcher

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Rpowalish

Post Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:33 pm

Newest Launcher

Has there been any way to utilize ISBoxer/Inerspace, with CCP's newest multi account launcher? Or am i just going to go the old fashioned way, going through the .bin folder and starting the executable?

Thanks

Rob AKA L.Detix
<<

stun13

Post Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:29 am

Re: Newest Launcher

I have the same question. I've been using the latest launcher for a while now, so when I try to us ISBoxer, it still has all of my old settings from the old launcher
<<

rymcc86

Post Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:42 pm

ISBoxer did work with the new launcher until a recent launcher update, since CCP patched it has not been working.

I documented some fault finding here;
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7548&p=35914#p35914
<<

Unikronic

Post Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:57 pm

kinda erked by this the new client will be released real soon and i have not been able to use isboxxer since i tried the newest client even when i try to bypass it the clients all say that it is out of date :/
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:26 pm

Unikronic wrote:kinda erked by this the new client will be released real soon and i have not been able to use isboxxer since i tried the newest client even when i try to bypass it the clients all say that it is out of date :/

If you're pointing it at the correct exefile and says it's out of date, then:

1) You haven't allowed the launcher to run outside of Inner Space and update the game files correctly.
2) You have multiple EVE installs and are pointing Inner Space at the incorrect exefile, which is... out of date.

I don't know what to say to everyone who is having an issue with the new launcher, because no one has reported that it is working (which is not normally something that people do), and Lax has not reported that it isn't working, so....
<<

Unikronic

Post Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:05 pm

could you point me to a guide of directing it (to a existing profile) i am willing to try but so many diffrent guids im now sure how to change it.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:31 pm

Unikronic wrote:could you point me to a guide of directing it (to a existing profile) i am willing to try but so many diffrent guids im now sure how to change it.

If you're asking how to alter an existing Game Profile - http://isboxer.com/wiki/Game_Profile
<<

Unikronic

Post Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:17 pm

Pointing it to the exefile.exe in the bin folder and every time it loads it says incompatible build. I also log on every day without Isboxxer cause it is not working atm yes its up to date (also checked the shotcut i use to start eve every time and it is aimed right at the same game folder aka no multiple installs)

if im doing something wrong let me know but im pretty sure im doing all that was sugested ( was already aimed at the exefile.exe )
<<

rymcc86

Post Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:08 pm

Unikronic wrote:Pointing it to the exefile.exe in the bin folder and every time it loads it says incompatible build. I also log on every day without Isboxxer cause it is not working atm yes its up to date (also checked the shotcut i use to start eve every time and it is aimed right at the same game folder aka no multiple installs)

if im doing something wrong let me know but im pretty sure im doing all that was sugested ( was already aimed at the exefile.exe )

When this occurs launch the new launcher via isboxer, let it update then close it down.

You'll find that you should then be able to launch the .exe in the bin file without issue.
<<

Rpowalish

Post Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:54 am

I have found, that the new launcher, directs to a different folder than the "install" folder.

Also to note, i am talking about the newest Multi-launch launcher, that, according to CCP, will become the main launcher by spring, which sounds like the old style of launching the game via EXE will no longer work...
Next

Return to EVE Online