FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Just Returned to Eve, 11-27-15, Still ok to use?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mikestewart395

Post Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:48 am

Just Returned to Eve, 11-27-15, Still ok to use?

I am returning after a year off. Is this still ok to use? I only run 2 accounts Ratting in Carriers, I don't see an issue with boxing. I am basically doing it now just jumping screen to screen is a PITA. How, exactly, are they going to detect broadcasting that isn't an injected program? I feel CCP gave the statement to shut up the crying some people were doing over the bomber fleets, personally. I'm going to reactivate Lavish Soft Account tonight anyway. I'm not doing anything unethical or wrong.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:53 am

Re: Just Returned to Eve, 11-27-15, Still ok to use?

Well the thing is, you can control one window at a time however you like. You can keep Broadcasting Mode disabled (and therefore generally following CCP's rule), but with your 2 accounts you can easily set up a button that you press that clicks in the other window (only) at your current mouse position. Soo ... left click on module to activate in window 1, and Ctrl+Left Click to activate in window 2, something like that.

Such a button can be set up using the Mapped Key Wizard, for a Key Re-Map. Set a Hotkey (Ctrl+Mouse1 in this case), where to go (if you have exactly 2 accounts, then "Window:All w/o Current" is always the other window), and what key to send (Mouse1). When setting it up to send a mouse button, the wizard will automatically fill in a Sync Cursor Action (in case you're thinking of doing it manually instead of using the Mapped Key Wizard) to match the mouse position, otherwise it will just click where the mouse last was, when it last moved in that window.

Obviously you can do the same thing for other Hotkeys, e.g. F1 for a module on window 1 or ____+F1 in window 2, etc.

Return to EVE Online