FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

10 DPS + 2 Logis incursion fleet

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rachini

Post Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:53 pm

10 DPS + 2 Logis incursion fleet

hello guys ,
I have retuned from a long break (6 months ) from eve. and now , im back and i want to setup my old incursion fleet of 10 DPS and 2 Logis.
i used to run the DPS and my friend helped me with the 2 logis . but now , im thinking of an effective way to cross repair my ships with the remote repair module and drop the logis.
How can i set up that ?
<<

bugme143

Post Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Re: 10 DPS + 2 Logis incursion fleet

May want to read this before doing anything else:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5328371
I'm an EVE bro with extended knowledge of incursions. Feel free to contact me here.
<<

rachini

Post Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:34 am

bugme143 wrote:May want to read this before doing anything else:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5328371

Thanks for the postie mate,i have been following the post for some time now , but meh , i dont care about it.I will find a way around that.but that's not what i wanted to know.
<<

bugme143

Post Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:11 am

Alright. One way to setup RR is to do simple shield/armor broadcasts, and then lock those and rep it, using multiple clients to keep it alive. Liberal application of VFX is recommended. You'll have to have VFX of each ship's shield/armor/cap (Watchlist is imprecise and buggy), VFX of the broadcast for reps button probably (though you can do it by following the lasers).

A friend did something smart with repeater regions, but I don't know enough about them to reliably give tips and advice, sorry.
I'm an EVE bro with extended knowledge of incursions. Feel free to contact me here.
<<

rachini

Post Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:17 am

bugme143 wrote:Alright. One way to setup RR is to do simple shield/armor broadcasts, and then lock those and rep it, using multiple clients to keep it alive. Liberal application of VFX is recommended. You'll have to have VFX of each ship's shield/armor/cap (Watchlist is imprecise and buggy), VFX of the broadcast for reps button probably (though you can do it by following the lasers).

A friend did something smart with repeater regions, but I don't know enough about them to reliably give tips and advice, sorry.

Ok , thank you for the insight , but it's stillvery shadowy as how to set it up.and the IS boxer community seems very directed towards games like WoW more than games like EvE.i have been asking for 4 months and i got no answer.believe it or not i quite eve for some long period of time and i still didnt get an answer on that subject(been looking on the IRC chat , and asking people....)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:04 am

I don't have an answer to your question, but I have an answer to this:
rachini wrote:the IS boxer community seems very directed towards games like WoW more than games like EvE.i have been asking for 4 months and i got no answer.believe it or not i quite eve for some long period of time and i still didnt get an answer on that subject(been looking on the IRC chat , and asking people....)

The people who are active the most are going to be WoW players because WoW has the largest multiboxing playerbase, and even those who have created the program (Lax) and create a large amount of video tutorials (me) are mainly WoW players.

With that said, most people can usually help because most questions aren't actually game specific, but the player/user asks the question with a lot of game specific terminology. For example, you're asking about Incursions, Logis, and repairing ships, but unfortunately I cannot help because none of those things mean anything to me since I don't play EVE. Perhaps if you were to ask your question in a more generic manner, like:

1) I'd like to press a key and have that key be sent to each game client, one client at a time, each time I press it (e.g. Round-Robin).

2) I'd like to be able to set up parts of my game windows next to each other so that it's easier/quicker for me to click my mouse between them (e.g. dxNothing / VideoFX).

Again, I don't know exactly what you want, but don't feel bad for asking a super-specific question for the game you're playing because sometimes it is necessary. However, sometimes it's easiest to get a reply when you ask something generic since most games operate using very similar principles when multiboxing.
<<

rachini

Post Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:53 am

MiRai wrote:I don't have an answer to your question, but I have an answer to this:
rachini wrote:the IS boxer community seems very directed towards games like WoW more than games like EvE.i have been asking for 4 months and i got no answer.believe it or not i quite eve for some long period of time and i still didnt get an answer on that subject(been looking on the IRC chat , and asking people....)

The people who are active the most are going to be WoW players because WoW has the largest multiboxing playerbase, and even those who have created the program (Lax) and create a large amount of video tutorials (me) are mainly WoW players.

It was not a question as like you have noticed , i already knew that ISboxer was planned for games like WoW in the frits place.

MiRai wrote:With that said, most people can usually help because most questions aren't actually game specific, but the player/user asks the question with a lot of game specific terminology. For example, you're asking about Incursions, Logis, and repairing ships, but unfortunately I cannot help because none of those things mean anything to me since I don't play EVE. Perhaps if you were to ask your question in a more generic manner, like:
1) I'd like to press a key and have that key be sent to each game client, one client at a time, each time I press it (e.g. Round-Robin).
2) I'd like to be able to set up parts of my game windows next to each other so that it's easier/quicker for me to click my mouse between them (e.g. dxNothing / VideoFX).

Well for starters,i have a team of 12 people, 10 dps and 2 logis and i have 2 scenarios that i want to face and decide which will be better for me:
1) Drop the healers, and heal with my other ships.Like i have 10 DPS ships, 1 gets targeted ,i want all the others to target this ship and then activate the module that repairs in all of them so they can heal the ship that is under attack.Note that the ship under attack cannot heal herself.
2)Keep the healers. so now , i have to deal with 2 things, healing with the healers and doing damage with the dps.so if a healer gets targeted , i need to target it with the other healer and start healing it,and if a DPS gets targeted , i have to lock the DPS and start healing him,and at the same time, i have to deal DPS with my DPS ships.This involves some knowledge in the game also to some extent.

MiRai wrote:Again, I don't know exactly what you want, but don't feel bad for asking a super-specific question for the game you're playing because sometimes it is necessary. However, sometimes it's easiest to get a reply when you ask something generic since most games operate using very similar principles when multiboxing.

i feel bad that i have asked questions and got no replies from some of the people that are multiboxing eve themsleves and i have been asking for such a long time that makes me sick from some people attitude towards helping.(many thanks to bob who replied to many of my questions while not being an eve player in the first place).
<<

Jeran

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:03 am

My guess is that option 2 is going to be easier without broadcasting.

For DPS targeting and weapon activation, you can use videoFX and have the 10 overviews (or fleet broadcast windows, if you don't mind introducing the extra step of broadcasting) right next to each other, so you can go to each one and ctrl-click to lock each target. Then you can use the same setup to activate your weapon modules, or use mapped keys or something like that. Without broadcasting, this is going to be A LOT of clicking but there isn't any way to avoid it.

Doing a spider tank on top of that would be really, really difficult, because you'd have to also be having those 10 DPS target each other and activate their remote repair module on each other. Double the clicking and lots of room for mistakes.

If you're using two logistics ships instead, there isn't that much extra clicking because only two ships have to lock targets and activate modules. This should be pretty easy to set up between mapped keys and videofx showing the fleet broadcasts, much like you have set up with your DPS ships.
<<

rachini

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:02 pm

Jeran wrote:My guess is that option 2 is going to be easier without broadcasting.

For DPS targeting and weapon activation, you can use videoFX and have the 10 overviews (or fleet broadcast windows, if you don't mind introducing the extra step of broadcasting) right next to each other, so you can go to each one and ctrl-click to lock each target. Then you can use the same setup to activate your weapon modules, or use mapped keys or something like that. Without broadcasting, this is going to be A LOT of clicking but there isn't any way to avoid it.

Doing a spider tank on top of that would be really, really difficult, because you'd have to also be having those 10 DPS target each other and activate their remote repair module on each other. Double the clicking and lots of room for mistakes.

If you're using two logistics ships instead, there isn't that much extra clicking because only two ships have to lock targets and activate modules. This should be pretty easy to set up between mapped keys and videofx showing the fleet broadcasts, much like you have set up with your DPS ships.

hey and thanks for the response.
This will take me some time to setup.i will hopefully try and accomplish it in the next 2 weeks and then post what i have done.Btw ,any other pointers that would be helpful to me endover?
<<

Jeran

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:28 pm

I think the most important decision is whether you want to control via keyboard or mouse.

Lets break down each of the steps that needs to happen:

First, your FC (one of your DPS guys) broadcasts the target.
Second, each of your characters locks the target.
Third, each of your characters shoots the target.

If doing it by keyboard, it might look like this:
First, your FC broadcasts the target.
Second:
-Your FC locks the target by ctrl-clicking on the broadcast window. You leave your mouse hovering in this spot.
-You hit a key to switch to the second account.
-You ctrl-click again to lock the target on the second account.
-Hit key to switch accounts again, repeat process until all 10 dps have locked the target.
Third:
-Your FC activates his grouped weapons with the F1 key.
-Your FC presses a key to switch to a second account, and you hit F1 again
OR
-Your FC activates his grouped weapons with the F1 key.
-You have F1 set up to round robin, so when you press it a second time, it goes to account two, and so on til all the DPS have activated weapons.

Note: I'm aware that you could combine locking with pre-activating weapons, this way just makes it easier to explain.

But what if you want to do it by mouse actions? Then you set up some fancy videoFX with dxnothing and repeater regions (i think? the one where your mouse clicks get passed through to the screen being displayed):

First, your FC will broadcast a target. Then your FC will lock that target (ctrl-click on broadcast window).
Second, you ctrl-click on the videoFX for all your other broadcast windows, ideally nice and lined up across your screen to minimize the amount of mouse movement necessary.
Third, you click on all of your modules, which again are hopefully lined up in your videoFX.
example: http://i.imgur.com/ecqpiHV.png

There are ways to combine these two methods, and lots of people here are way better at this than I am.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if any of this stuff conflicts with CCP's new rules...I don't think it does, but the round robin thing to activate guns might be close enough to the line to cause you trouble.
Next

Return to EVE Online