EvE Incursion Beginning

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Zerlestes92

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:07 pm

EvE Incursion Beginning

I m like to try empire incursions and for that i need some information

How many accs are needet for them at least
what ship are good fore them in terms of multiboxing friendly and risk/cost whise
can i try my setup somewhere else like in missions

i m prepared to lose my setup 2-3 times and i aware i will need a fair amount o skill points and time
any tips relatet to eve multiboxing are welcome but mostly incursion relatet pls

i did fly them with one account and the triggers are imprinten in my memory
i target the nasty stuff without thinking anymore
<<

LargeChicken

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:29 am

Re: EvE Incursion Beginning

I haven't tried incursions yet but have been wanting to give it a try and from what I've seen, Apocalypses and Guardians are a good start on the cheap, from there I would move up to nightmares.

I've seen people do it with 7 accounts 2 of which are logi, I've also seen people do it with 15. Not sure what the minimum is, however.

In terms of getting the hang of it if you haven't already, I would start with level 4s and get the hang of spider tanking (If that's how you want to do it) or running DPS and logi independently. I've seen people accidentally alpha their logistics or otherwise kill their own characters through missmicro so it's probably a good idea to get to know your setup before you jump head-first into a vanguard.

In terms of SP I don't think you will need too much for each character to fill out its role. I would get perfect cap skills and solid core tanking skills, from there it's pretty much just getting your gunnery up over time. The longest train would probably be the guardians/basilisks to get started initially. (Assuming you aren't buying a fleet of characters)
I want YOU! To ask me questions
Tell me what you want a tutorial on in my request thread Here

My games:
Eve Online

Expertise:
Mining
Shooting red crosses
IsBoxer Setup
VideoFX
<<

Zerlestes92

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:59 am

sadly i dont have the isk to buy the characters i need

i have to skill them from the ground up since i m using my mining chars cap/cpu and powergrid skills are done
the logistic part seems rather skill intensive i will try my setup und tweak it until i dont blow up my own ships :P
im prepared for loses and about 4-5 months of skilling
<<

Jeran

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:11 pm

Probably 6 dps and 2 logistics as a minimum, more realistically I'd probably go with 7 dps 3 logi. That's for Vanguards, and I haven't run those in years but it should still work. The cheapest effective route would probably be 1 absolution, 6 zealots, 3 guardians; ideal would be something crazy like 1 vulture, 6 nightmares, 3 basilisks. Depends on whether you go shield or armor, of course.

Obviously you'd need more if you're running the other sites.
<<

yeaimjason

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:45 am

Since you obtain all the isk adding more ships does not penalize you like an individual would receive (Yes you lose isk but not a lot). I've been doing them for almost two years and have used Nightmares since day one. 12 nightmares and one Basilisk is most likely the best setup, if your ships lack skills I would run an Scimitar for the sake of running remote tracking on your weaker ships. Most people run two logistics ships some run three, If you have all skills trained to five on your Nightmares you should rarely ever have to rep anything, the logistics ship is only there in case you get into trouble. So in a sense 12 Nightmares and One Logistics ship is the end game goal that I've noticed. I know a couple other guys that run almost the same setup and yield roughly the same results.

Running less than ten is actually causing you to lose a lot of isk, if you use one ship and solo a site you get the same amount of isk on that character that ten individuals would get completing a site. There are two reasons to increase your fleet size one: Faster sites and two: Contesting the local groups. If you don't like losing every site to other players or even a rival multiboxer I would recommend growing your fleet. If you don't like getting contested and losing I would recommend running setups for NCM's since 66% of the sites ran can be done with long range (Tachs and 1400's). NCM's are the 33% and mainly frigates and close range shooting. Out of probably 2,000+ sites I've ran an NCM two times just to see what it was like.

Getting into incursions is not an easy task either, plex prices are higher than ever, it's a constant grind if you have a job or school and you forget to enjoy the game when all you do is make isk. I actually started with a very large amount of isk and all my pilots were already old. I personally prefer WH space, less overhead and three times more isk. Good luck with your incursion multiboxing!
<<

Mikey

Post Tue May 20, 2014 9:07 am

I know personally that you can start your own noob incursion fleet for around 10 bil, including plexus, but this was pre650m+ prices. I used 7 Rokhs 1 legion as a drone bunny and 2 5/1 Basi's that later became 6/0rep basi's. The site time was 12-16minutes and I could only run nco's because I didn't have enough range for the Mara, and I did not have a hacker at the time.
I would recommend going with an apoc fleet like someone posted above, because then you can actually have enough range to kill the Mara. You will probably have cap issues starting out, but if you get your cap in the fitting window over 10 minutes you should be good. Evemon and eft/pyfa are invaluable for planning your skill ques and ship setups.

Return to EVE Online