FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to close my team's games?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hella666

Post Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:42 pm

How to close my team's games?

Subj. I've been trying to launch 2 teams by 3 on my 2 computers, launching character sets in ISBoxer. Sometimes successfully, sometimes something glitched, f.e. not 3 but only 2 windows opened, and I needed to reset my ISBox settings, I found how, but I had to shut down my Windows to make the reset cause I didn't find how to close the whole game or any individual game window. On another computer I tried to reload ISBoxer settings and 2 of my 3 game windows became black. Then I wanted to change Window Layout on one of computers, I found how, exported this to Inner Space, but then all 3 windows became black and again, I restarted my computer. How to close them without restarting computers?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:05 pm

Re: How to close my team's games?

I usually close games by:

1. Using the exit option in the game
2. Pressing ALT+F4 with the game I want to close as the active window.
3. Right clicking the game icon on the taskbar and selecting Exit
4. Using task manager to end the game process (if it has hung), along with any other associated processes (although these can be difficult to recognise which is which sometimes).

If you are having instances where your screen is going black, then this is usually a graphics driver issue, or a hook problem. A reinstall of the graphics drivers (only, not the added software you get with it), or removing of any extra processes which are hooking the game (e.g. Fraps), may resolve it.

You should be able to change the majority of settings in ISBoxer, and Exporting these, without needing to restart the game.
The areas that might require a restart of the game are the Window Layouts - usually resolution changes (although some games handle it better than others), and a couple of the Character and Character Set settings (videofx, slot hotkeys, affinity and FPS specifically - there may be a couple of others). I don't think much of these should require you to restart your game unless something else is interfering.

If a member of your team does not launch, or you have closed 1 (or more) of the games, then you can usually right click the Inner Space icon, select ISBoxer Character Sets, and select your team again. Inner Space will fill in any missing slots. This wont work if you have a hung process, so you might need to check out Task Manager.
<<

Hella666

Post Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:35 pm

Thanks. I managed to understand how to follow and kill a mob together with Broadcasting simple macros Select [name], Follow, Skill Select Target's Target and then using skills by clicking on them in quickbars. Probably it's not the best way but works somehow. Taking loot requires to stop broadcasting. Working on 2 computers so far requires that both team leaders should broadcast these macros. Can I do so there becomes only 1 team of 6 and the leader broadcasts to both computers?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:39 pm

it is preferred you start a new topic if your previous topic is resolved, rather than end up in a mega thread which covers 15 different subjects.

That said. This guide covers using multiple computers so you can send keystrokes (whether broadcast or mapped keys) to both. http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Use_ISBox ... _Computers
Note: it can be a little tricky as you go along, but as long as you complete each step, and do not move on to the next step until the current step is working correctly, or completed fully, then it works just right.

Return to Aion