FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I'm new, can't launch Aion

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hella666

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:15 pm

I'm new, can't launch Aion

I usually launch Aion from its shortcut on my desktop. The file is called Aion.lnk and it's the only file that works to me to launch the game. If I open the file location for this shortcut it shows this:
If I click on this file NCLauncher.exe, I get the message "NCLauncher Module has stopped working"
It was so even long ago when Aion didn't require a launcher to start - Aion.lnk would start, Aion.exe didn't.
So I copied the file Aion.lnk from my desktop to my folder C:/Program Files (86)/NCWest/NCLauncher cause I don't know how to browse to Desktop.
It can actually be copied to anywhere and it launches the game when I click on it in Total Commander or Windows Explorer.
InnerSpace requires to browse for the game launching file or drag and drop it. When I browse to Aion.lnk in InnerSpace it changes the address to the address of the target file NCLauncher.exe
and it doesn't work, like when I click on NCLauncher.exe manually (NCLauncher Module has stopped working).
I tried to manually write in InnerSpace address line Aion.lnk
Then I try to launch Aion in InnerSpace from system tray
Then it doesn't work either and shows this message

What to do? How to launch Aion? (I wrote a character set of 5 but couldn't start from there either)

BTW how can I edit my game launching address? So far I only found "Add Game" to add another address.
<<

Hella666

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:23 pm

Re: I'm new, can't launch Aion

PS: I've been playing Aion since Jan. 2013, and doing it always in 32 bit since like Spring 2013. I also use Sandboxie (I open 2 Aion windows normally and 2 sandboxed) and do it on 2 computers. Can 64-32 bit converters influence negatively on the launching process? My present 64-32 converter offers to choose between 64 and 32 bit after I open Aion.lnk, enter login, password, and press on the blue button "Play".
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:36 pm

You cant load lnk files with InnerSpace. It says to drag them to the Add Game box so it can read them, and pull out the details of the executable behind it. In this case the NCLauncher.exe.

If you are having trouble with launching directly from the Launcher, then something else very strange is going on. You should be able to load the executable directly by double clicking it, because that is all the lnk (shortcut) file is doing. Taking your double click, and starting the executable behind it. Unless there were specific parameters behind it (which there are not because they would have shown up in your Aion 4 setup), then it should just work.

Your problem is not Inner Space at all, but somewhere in the game installation or in some other third party software.

Can you get a diagnostic for crashes.
<<

Hella666

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:24 pm

bob wrote:You cant load lnk files with InnerSpace. It says to drag them to the Add Game box so it can read them, and pull out the details of the executable behind it. In this case the NCLauncher.exe.

If you are having trouble with launching directly from the Launcher, then something else very strange is going on. You should be able to load the executable directly by double clicking it, because that is all the lnk (shortcut) file is doing. Taking your double click, and starting the executable behind it. Unless there were specific parameters behind it (which there are not because they would have shown up in your Aion 4 setup), then it should just work.

Your problem is not Inner Space at all, but somewhere in the game installation or in some other third party software.

Can you get a diagnostic for crashes.

About diagnostics: I made a report and saved it in a file, but the site PrivatePaste.com Has Shutdown. I uploaded it on my hosting http://www.mediafire.com/download/5k1fq ... oxer+2.rtf

I can add that I use Windows 7 Ultimate on both computers and the result of trying to double-click on NCLauncher.exe on both of them looks so:

Do you also have Aion NA and your NCLauncher.exe starts by double-clicking?

BTW what do you think about 64-32bit converters? It's the only 3d party software I can think about that may affect the launching process, I downloaded the game from the official site. In some instructions on ISBoxer I saw that it works in 32bit, is it correct? Does it convert it itself?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:57 pm

Hella666 wrote:About diagnostics: I made a report and saved it in a file, but the site PrivatePaste.com Has Shutdown. I uploaded it on my hosting http://www.mediafire.com/download/5k1fq ... oxer+2.rtf

From the written instructions:

ISBoxer Wiki wrote:5. Go to the pastebin.com Paste Sharing Site (or alternatively zerobin.net or pastie.org)

Could you please use one of those sites instead of MediaFire? Many people will not want to download an RTF file.

Hella666 wrote:Do you also have Aion NA and your NCLauncher.exe starts by double-clicking?

Yes, that is how you have to play the game these days, as you cannot directly launch the Aion bin files any longer. However, the desktop shortcut that the game creates has a list of parameters that it uses in order to connect you to the Aion game, because the same launcher is used for multiple NCSoft games. Using the following parameters on the launcher works just fine with Inner Space:

/LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"AION" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"
<<

bob

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:01 pm

edit... I was pipped :) but posting anyway.

Hella666 wrote:... but the site PrivatePaste.com Has Shutdown.

Aware of this, which is why the wiki instructions don't refer to it, but rather other potential sites. I really dislike mediafire as they have all those clickbait buttons and adverts. I'm not sure why they don't just insert a exploit on their main page and be done with it. Anyway, didn't see anything too outstanding. There are some things hooking the game (your mouse and fraps), and you have a shitload of other things running which might cause a problem, but I think it might just be parameters.... read on..

Hella666 wrote:Do you also have Aion NA and your NCLauncher.exe starts by double-clicking?
Pretty sure it used to, but it appears to no longer work, I get a similar error now. However a quick check shows that I have a bunch of parameters in the shortcut. Perhaps that is what you are missing.
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe" /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"AION" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

Depending on which region you are accessing, you may need to use some different parameters. You should check out what your shortcut is targeting, and make sure that they are entered in the Parameters box for Inner Space.

Of note, if you are using the RU version of Aion, then it has Anti-hacking software (called Frost) which is more than likely incompatible with Inner Space.

BTW, you asked earlier. You can edit a Game Profile, rather than creating loads of new ones. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Game_Profile

As for 32/64 bit. The launcher should be making the determination for you based on your OS. Inner Space also makes a similar determination, so if your OS is 64bit, then Inner Space will want to run in 64 bit, and most likely the same with the updated Aion. There is not normally any downside to it unless you have a very limited amount of RAM. 64bit generally is better as it allows the game to greater memory space, and saves Windows from needing to load the WoW shim (that's Windows on Windows, not World of Warcraft).
If you want, you can force 32bit for Inner Space. This is in the configuration page. Right click the icon in the systray, select configuration and unselect the 64bit uplink option, apply, then exit Inner Space and load it again.
<<

Hella666

Post Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:22 am

bob wrote:edit... I was pipped :) but posting anyway.

Hella666 wrote:... but the site PrivatePaste.com Has Shutdown.

Aware of this, which is why the wiki instructions don't refer to it, but rather other potential sites.

I pasted to http://pastebin.com/s7JzLB3d . The recommendation to use PrivatePaste.com was in your video about how to post diagnostics for crashing games/launchers.

bob wrote: Anyway, didn't see anything too outstanding. There are some things hooking the game (your mouse and fraps), and you have a shitload of other things running which might cause a problem, but I think it might just be parameters.... read on..

What shitload can cause the problems? Can Sandboxie process cause any problems? (when I tried to launch Aion through InnerSpace it was closed but its service is always running)

bob wrote:
Pretty sure it used to, but it appears to no longer work, I get a similar error now. However a quick check shows that I have a bunch of parameters in the shortcut. Perhaps that is what you are missing.
Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher\NCLauncher.exe" /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"AION" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

Depending on which region you are accessing, you may need to use some different parameters. You should check out what your shortcut is targeting, and make sure that they are entered in the Parameters box for Inner Space.

Thanks, I'll try again.

bob wrote:Of note, if you are using the RU version of Aion, then it has Anti-hacking software (called Frost) which is more than likely incompatible with Inner Space.

No, I play Aion NA and downloaded it from na.aiononline.com. I never thought I could use a Russian version to play on NA servers.

bob wrote:BTW, you asked earlier. You can edit a Game Profile, rather than creating loads of new ones. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Game_Profile

Thanks I'll try.

bob wrote:As for 32/64 bit. The launcher should be making the determination for you based on your OS. Inner Space also makes a similar determination, so if your OS is 64bit, then Inner Space will want to run in 64 bit, and most likely the same with the updated Aion. There is not normally any downside to it unless you have a very limited amount of RAM. 64bit generally is better as it allows the game to greater memory space, and saves Windows from needing to load the WoW shim (that's Windows on Windows, not World of Warcraft).
If you want, you can force 32bit for Inner Space. This is in the configuration page. Right click the icon in the systray, select configuration and unselect the 64bit uplink option, apply, then exit Inner Space and load it again.

Thanks. Does this forced 32-bit in InnerSpace mean that Aion client will run in 32 bit? In Aion 64-bit, there is always "Awesomium has stopped working" message, they didn't fix it since the start of the patch 4.9. And my RAM is 16 GB and 14.9 GB of them are busy when I play Aion and use a browser.

Should I close all Aion windows running normally and in Sandboxie to start launching InnerSpace? (I'll do it now)
<<

bob

Post Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:07 am

Hella666 wrote:bob wrote: Anyway, didn't see anything too outstanding. There are some things hooking the game (your mouse and fraps), and you have a shitload of other things running which might cause a problem, but I think it might just be parameters.... read on..What shitload can cause the problems? Can Sandboxie process cause any problems? (when I tried to launch Aion through InnerSpace it was closed but its service is always running)
It varies. You notice problems because your games wont launch, or they crash, or they don't receive input under ISBoxer. I wouldn't focus on it too much currently as your problem seems to be lack of parameters. If you still have issues after the parameter thing, then you can look at what services you have running and whether they may be potential causes of those issues. However shutting some of it down would free up some RAM :).

Hella666 wrote:No, I play Aion NA and downloaded it from na.aiononline.com. I never thought I could use a Russian version to play on NA servers.
Chances are you can't. I mentioned it because it was noted on the WIKI, and you seemed to be using a few RU things. I did go back and read you were using the NA download, but decided not to edit the post as someone else may find it useful.

Hella666 wrote:Thanks. Does this forced 32-bit in InnerSpace mean that Aion client will run in 32 bit? In Aion 64-bit, there is always "Awesomium has stopped working" message, they didn't fix it since the start of the patch 4.9. And my RAM is 16 GB and 14.9 GB of them are busy when I play Aion and use a browser.
If you leave the other setting about keeping the "bitness" of the game syncd with Inner Space, then it should mean the Aion client runs 32bit too. I'm not 100% on how it works though, so it may be a case of try it and see.

Hella666 wrote:Should I close all Aion windows running normally and in Sandboxie to start launching InnerSpace? (I'll do it now)
Yes, shutdown the instances in Sandboxie. Inner Space wont be able to hook them if they are already running, and it normally wont start games up that you are running in Sandboxie.
<<

Hella666

Post Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:14 am

I made this profile for Aion using the code you gave me for Parameters, it's the same as "Target" written in Properties of Aion.lnk.
Yet it didn't want to launch my new profile from Inner Space systray menu. One thing I did after that was going to Windows Firewall, clicking on "Allow another program" and adding Inner Space to the list of Allowed programs.
And it began to launch!!! :P :P :P
Inner Space itself never gave any messages that it was blocked by Windows Firewall, usually I get it with every new program...
Now I'll try to work out launching my Character set.

As for the Russian things - yes I live in Russia and downloaded things here, but don't remember which exactly of them are Russian. My Windows is English and I use English in all programs' interfaces where possible. My system Locale is Russian. Is it only Russian Aion that uses Frost? In NA Aion bots don't work in 64-bit client either.
<<

Hella666

Post Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:59 am

No, my joy was too early. I saw the Aion launcher's (black with blue) window only once, closed it and can never get it again - the game crashes :oops: :( :( It is in the Firewall exceptions, and ISBoxer too, but it doesn't help :(

I tried 2 ways of writing the Parameters:
Aion new profile has the code with the complete path

And another time I went to Add game Aion6, dragged-and-dropped Aion.lnk into it and it itself wrote the parameters without the complete path but only after /
Which of them is correct?
None of them work, NCLauncher crashes. :( What can I do?

How to launch ISBoxer? I restarted my computer, disabled some services, ISBox doesn't have a shortcut on my desktop and I don't find it in Program Files (86). I installed it yesterday... more than once, and it used to write that "one instance of ISBoxer is already running", how to start it correctly?
Next

Return to Aion