FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Aion Variable Keystrokes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

pehn420

Post Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:44 am

Aion Variable Keystrokes

Hello -
MiRai a long time ago made a video about variable keystrokes. I've been messing with it and messing with it, and I can't quite seem to get it to work.

Aion doesn't have a standard target/assist system, at least I can't seem to understand it if it does, so can you guys tell me if you know, is the video he made still relevant/applicable?

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl6MZxHXAoA

Thank you!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:29 am

Re: Aion Variable Keystrokes

It does, although MiRai made another video specifically for Follow and Assist in Aion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KNUg26fTU0

There is also this one which also covers the "simplified" targeting method. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_crrX0YPsBw, which the above video uses.

You probably can still use the F1 - F6 method if you want to, which you've already got the video for that..
<<

pehn420

Post Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:36 pm

Okay, here's what I did:

I did find out/set the follow key in Aion to F on all 6 of my characters. I did make an assist macro and put it in the Alt 1 slot for all 6 of my characters.

I did go into ISBoxer and have all the variable keybindings for targetting set to F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, and F6 on all of my characters.

For every character slot it was a little different

F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6

F2, F1, F3, F4, F5, F6

F2, F3, F1, F4, F5, F6

F2, F3, F4, F1, F5, F6

F2, F3, F4, F5, F1, F6

F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F1

I did go into ISBoxer Variable Keystrokes and set a keybinding to Alt + F for follow and then Alt + A for assist.

However, I still can't get my characters to follow/assist each other.

Do I need to turn on broadcast keystrokes to get these commands to go? Do I press F, the macro on Alt 1, Alt F, or Alt A? Which character should I be targetting? Should I broadcast F2 to every character or F3 to every character before I click one of the hotkeys? I know this video is supposed to be simple, but I've watched it like 4 or 5 times and I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I don't know what keys he's pressing to make these things happen.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:48 pm

pehn420 wrote:I did find out/set the follow key in Aion to F on all 6 of my characters. I did make an assist macro and put it in the Alt 1 slot for all 6 of my characters.
pehn420 wrote:I did go into ISBoxer Variable Keystrokes and set a keybinding to Alt + F for follow and then Alt + A for assist.
Well this could be your issue. If you set an in game bind, then it is helpful if ISBoxer is sending the same value to the game. From what you said in these two pieces, they don't match.

What you set in Variable Keystrokes needs to match the values that are in the in-game keybinds.

The Hotkeys under Non-Combat-> Assist Me, and Non-Combat->Follow Me can be different, and usually default to ALT+A and ALT+F respectively. You can make them the same as the values in game if you like too. The values in the Hotkey will be what you press to get ISBoxer to trigger the actions that ISBoxer will send to the game.

pehn420 wrote:Do I need to turn on broadcast keystrokes to get these commands to go?
No. You enable Key Maps, and press the Hotkey that is set for the Mapped Keys for Non-Combat -> Assist Me or Non Combat -> Follow Me.

Return to Aion