FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Aion "Login failed. Please try again in a few minutes."

Moderator: MiRai

<<

pehn420

Post Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:42 am

Aion "Login failed. Please try again in a few minutes."

Hello -
I'm very new to multiboxing, and so far EVERY single attempt I make to do it has resulted in complete and utter failure, and a lack of any information to fix my problems.
I'm extremely irritated with multiboxing so far, but the concept is so interesting to me that I have kept coming back to it throughout the years.
I can even actually log in on one account, which is farther than I've ever gotten before any time I've ever tried to multibox.
However, now when the second instance of the NCSoft launcher opens, and I try to log in with my second account, I get the message
"Login Failed. Please try again in a few minutes. (3746)"

Anybody know anything about this? Please help, I just want to multibox successfully one single time in my life.
Thank you!
<<

pehn420

Post Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:42 am

Re: Aion "Login failed. Please try again in a few minutes."

The specs I'm using to launch Aion as a game:

filename : NCLauncher.exe
parameter: /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"AION" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"
exe path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NCWest\NCLauncher
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:44 am

After giving this a whirl myself, I can only say it looks like an issue on your end. Perhaps your account is/was not yet activated?
<<

pehn420

Post Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:30 pm

You got it? Logged in using the same stuff and you could login okay?

Multiboxing, why do you hate me?
<<

bob

Post Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:45 pm

Yes. It worked for me with 2 accounts. I got both up and running.

I didn't try very hard to break the launch process. I downloaded and installed the game. I ran it outside of InnerSpace once in order to ensure the game config files were created (edit: Oh and I set the game to run in Windowed mode, not fullscreen, not Windowed Fullscreen).
I setup InnerSpace to launch the NCLauncher.exe, using the parameters noted.
I did note that the NCLauncher.exe actually loads up NCLauncherR.exe. I also noted that the game loads the 64bit version rather than the 32bit, and there is no option to force the correct one unless you bypass the launcher and load up the aion.bin directly (this has different params which you can find on the Aion forums and the ISBoxer wiki, although I think the Aion forums params were slightly different, maybe.

I tried logging into the same account, which it would let me, but it would kick the other one out of the game once I hit Play (actually I get System Error 20, and then it bombs out)
I tried the wrong password.
I did create a virtual file for the NCLauncher.ini. Not that this is necessary.
I did launch my game from the InnerSpace right click menu, selected ISBoxer Character Sets, and then my character set.
I did not try launching from ISBoxer or desktop shortcuts.
I did not use the games at the top of the InnerSpace right click menu (because these don't run the ISBoxer config).

I did not manage to replicate your issue, which sounds more like a failure to authenticate, and the launcher spitting it back out. That might be network related. If you are trying to do proxy/vpn stuff, that could be a problem. Same with any packet inspection. Sometimes Antivirus can do weird stuff too. Windows App Compatibility settings can also do weird things.

Perhaps a diagnostic would be in order.
<<

pehn420

Post Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:09 pm

I did everything you did, (except the virtual file because it isn't needed and I don't know how to do it exactly) which basically the only different thing for me was to change Aion to run Windowed, and got the exact same problem.

Here is my game client crash diagnostic:
http://pastebin.com/ZH0s5C14

Here is the game launcher crash diagnostic:
http://pastebin.com/nxJEszKF

And seriously man, thanks so much for helping me with this. I REALLY want to make this work.
<<

bob

Post Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:06 pm

Righto, so these don't tell me too much, which isn't really surprising.

You do have some other processes hooking into the game so it is worth shutting those down to see if they are doing weird stuff. You are also running CyberGhost, so I'm gonna say shut that down too. I can't see if it is active or not, but shut it down too. I even have CyberGhost installed myself, but as it does jump in on your network stack, I set this service to Startup Type: Manual, so it is normally stopped, and only have it start when I am actively going to use it (which, when you run the application it will ask if it can start it up).

A trawl around the Aion forums, and the general cesspool of the internet, indicate that you could be IP blocked on your account, the account password may not be what you think you are entering (if you are typing it in, then type it in the Username field to make sure you are entering what you think you are entering - I copy/paste mine from a password manager, because, 300 passwords later, I can't remember them all), or the account may just be blocked (usually from too many incorrect password attempts). Of course if you can open the game for this account outside of ISBoxer that is just a little weird, but this def seems like some kind of account issue. In any case, those things are normally remedied by contacting Aion support.

Anyway, so, the things to try to shutdown are:
Code:
RazerIngameEngine.exe - Process ID: 7108 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer\InGameEngine\32bit\RazerIngameEngine.exe) [Admin:YES] [x86] [1.0.12.6401] [Razer, Inc.] [RazerIngameEngine]
RzCefRenderProcess.exe - Process ID: 5156 (C:\Users\ACCOUNT\AppData\Local\razer\InGameEngine\cache\RzStats.Manager\RzCefRenderProcess.exe) [Admin:YES] [x86] [1.0.12.6401] [Razer, Inc.] [Razer Chromium Render Process]
RzStats.Manager.exe - Process ID: 6908 (C:\ProgramData\Razer\Synapse\RzStats\RzStats.Manager.exe) [Admin:YES] [x86] [1.0.0.42] [RzStats.Manager]
Service.exe - Process ID: 2224 (C:\Program Files\CyberGhost 5\Service.exe) [Admin:YES] [x86] [5.0.15.12] [CyberGhost S.R.L] [CyberGhost VPN Service]

You might also try shutting down the KakaoTalk and LoLSummoner. I can't see why either would cause an issue but as we are in the process.....
<<

pehn420

Post Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:32 pm

Update - you're right. Account problem.
I don't know why, but now I can't login to my second-third-fourth-fifth or sixth accounts at all. Period.
I try to log in, and I get the same error, and when I try to login to the Aion website, it gives me the generic error message:
"Due to suspicious activity, this account has been locked." with absolutely no helpful information as to what I can do to unlock it.
Also, if I reset my password, I get the same message.
Should I just contact Aion support?
<<

bob

Post Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:36 pm

pehn420 wrote:Should I just contact Aion support?

That is what forum posts I came across said to do if a password reset didn't work.
<<

pehn420

Post Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:46 pm

Thanks so much, man. You've really helped a lot.

...is there a way to upvote somebody in these forums? Lol.

But seriously, I really appreciate it.

Return to Aion