FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Aion Launcher

Moderator: MiRai

<<

vesuvan

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:25 pm

New Aion Launcher

On or about Oct 14, 2015 NCSoft changed the way Aion is launched. Seems I can no longer run aion.bin. It now want's me to be logged in first. Just running the launcher results in errors either through innerspace or just clicking on it in windows explorer. Also tried command window typing in parameters from aion shortcut. Not sure what to do about this even if I get innerspace to launch it.
Attachments
AionError.png
AionError.png (12.68 KiB) Viewed 16801 times
<<

vesuvan

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:29 pm

Re: New Aion Launcher

Seems I can launch it from command window after all if I paste from shortcut. Must have missed a quote or something typing it by hand. Sorry about that.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:10 pm

The new launcher is working perfectly fine over here. Are you using the correct parameters for the launcher? They can be found in the desktop/start menu shortcut for Aion. For NA players:

Code:
/LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"AION" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

EDIT: The new Virtual File that you can add to your Aion characters in ISBoxer is:

Code:
NCLauncher.ini

That will allow for per-character saved logins.
<<

vesuvan

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:58 pm

That is exactly what I had. I tried it several time and it kept getting an error. Now it works. I don't know what to think. I'll just go over in the corner and sulk. Thanks for the tip on the ini file. :oops:

Return to Aion