FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Resolution Issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

inmysights

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:33 pm

Resolution Issue

I have been trying to figure out why AION will launch and only be in 2560x1440 every time even when I log in and set it to 3440x1440. It will not save it. So this causes problems when I try and launch my character set.

It shifts the screen to right about 8 inches and is mis-aligned and you cannot even use your mouse and I have end the process to get out.

Any ides whats going on?

Thank you
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Re: Resolution Issue

These are idea's not confirmed causes.
  • It could be your window layout is use an old setup because previously you had a 2560x1440 monitor and you haven't re-run the Window Layout Wizard and created a new layout since you put your new monitor on.
  • If you have run the Window Layout Wizard since plugging in your new fancy screen, perhaps you have a Computer configured in ISBoxer and assigned to your character set, but the Display setup in the Computer has not been updated.
  • It could be because the game just doesn't like the 21:9 screen resolution, so sets itself back to a resolution it does like.
  • It could be because you are using Display Scaling. Windows 10 especially likes to set display scaling values and then tell you lies about whether it has set them, as this thread goes on to indicate.
  • You might have something funky set in your System.cfg file in your Aion folder. You can try renaming this to something else, like System.cfg.old and starting up your game, see if it fixes it.
  • Aion might be in FullScreen mode, whereas Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen should be the one you want.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:46 pm

Re: Resolution Issue

bob wrote:These are idea's not confirmed causes.
  • Aion might be in FullScreen mode, whereas Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen should be the one you want.

To add my two cents... in my experience, Aion only likes straight windowed mode.

EDIT: This issue was resolved by changing the game client to use windowed mode.

Return to Aion