Just a Heads Up for Aion 4.5 Steel Cavalry

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:36 pm

Just a Heads Up for Aion 4.5 Steel Cavalry

Just a heads up,

As of 4/29/14 I decided to try multiboxing Aion again.

I had heard there was a new expansion that came out on 1/29/14 called Steel Cavalry. So Aion is now at version 4.5.

In 2009 I preordered the collectors edition. Back then I was not using Innerspace with Isboxer. I was using a program called Octopus. I was only able to run 2 instances of Aion. One on my laptop, the other on my pc.
I have used several different multibox platforms in the past among them: Octopus, Keyclone, Pwnboxer, and Autoit Scripting.

Today I only use Innerspace with Isboxer. Innerspace with Isboxer was the only one that worked with all the mmo's I play. Among those are: SWTOR, SWG, Aion, Warhammer, WOW, STO, LOTRO, Rift, and recently Wildstar beta.

Since I have a killer gamming pc now, I am able to do all my multiboxing on one pc.

So the first thing I did was create a 6 man Aion profile character set in Isboxer using the wizard.

I saved and exported it to Innerspace.
I right clicked Innerspace
Highlighted Isboxer Character Sets and selected the Aion 6 Man character set profile I created. I right clicked the Innerspace icon in my system tray
Clicked Add Game
Dragged the NCSoft Launcher .exe from the NCSOFT Launcher folder into the Add Game to Innerspace Window. The path to the launcher was automatically filled in from the drag and drop.
Then I clicked OK.

All I got was a NCSoft Launcher error pop up window and no games launched.

I went online to the forums here specifically this one http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5053
And everything in that forum did not work with Aion 4.5
The best I could get going with that outdated info was:
I was able to launch Aion with 2 instances only, by bypassing the launcher and pointing Innerspace to the AIon.bin file in the actual Aion game folder.
As soon as a 3rd instance would load, I would get a error from Aion, saying only 2 instances are allowed to run simultaneously.

It turns out Innerspace works fine with the NCSOFT Launcher, just like I set it up in the beginning, All I needed to do to get it working was add the parameters in the original Aion shortcut on my desktop to The Aion configuration in Innerspace.

Here is that parameter: /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"AION" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

So I was able to get 6 instances of Aion, all running and logged in on the same pc through Innerspace. All functions of Innerspace and my character set for 6 characters worked perectly.

So as of:

Aion version 4.5
Isboxer version 41
Innerspace version 1.13 5994

To get Aion working with Innerspace.

Right click the Innerspace icon in your system tray
Click Add Game
Drag the NCSoft Launcher .exe from the NCSOFT Launcher folder into the Add Game to Innerspace Window. This will auto add the path to the NCSoft Launcher.
Copy this parameter /LauncherID:"NCWest" /CompanyID:"12" /GameID:"AION" /LUpdateAddr:"updater.nclauncher.ncsoft.com"

Paste the copied parameter in to the Parameter area of the "Add Game to Innerspace" window.
Click OK
Launch your character set

This works for me. I hope it helps others as well.
Last edited by Ridosaw on Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:17 pm

Re: Just a Heads Up for Aion 4.5 Steel Cavalry

Ridosaw wrote:So the first thing I did was to make sure my 2009 Aion accounts where still good. Turns out NCSoft converted all Aion accounts names to the e-mail address that was associated with the Aion accounts.

NCSoft did not automatically convert old accounts into their e-mail addresses. When you try to log in with your old account information (the non-email login/password) you will be prompted to create an NCSoft account which is now an e-mail address. I know this because one of my old Aion accounts was not automatically turned into a new NCSoft account -- It just sat dormant until I recently converted it.

Ridosaw wrote:Because the 2 accounts I had from 2009 had the same e-mail address, both my Aion cd-keys where merged into one account. DOH! :o
The 1 account they left me with retained it's Collectors Edition Status at least. Yay! :D. So since I only multibox full groups now, and Aion needs 6 players to form a full group. I registered an additional 5 accounts.

This is not true because I also had two CE games on a single NCSoft account before the change, but when I went through the process of converting I was asked which game key I wanted to assign to my newly created NCSoft account. I had to go through this process twice since I had two CE games.

If you're not able to log into your old account again and redo the process of selecting another game key to assign to a new NCSoft e-mail account, then I would contact NCSoft support directly. They helped me recover my incredibly old account that still had my second, dormant CE game key on it. I went through this process literally two months ago, so I know they didn't automatically merge both of my CEs together into one.

Ridosaw wrote:All I got was a NCSoft Launcher error pop up window and no games launched.

You should be skipping the launcher entirely and pointing Inner Space at Aion.bin while using the parameters from the Wiki.
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:19 pm

I removed the information on my experience with my 2 Aion accounts. I did not realize I would stir up a debate or be corrected by a comparison of someone else's experience with their accounts. So I apologize for this.
That information was not relevant to the purpose of that post anyways.

My reason for making that post, was because I was interested in helping others, who might be having the same problem as I with getting Aion to launch with Innerspace.

As I stated in my post at the beginning. I tried bypassing the NCSoft Launcher and pointing Innerspace directly to Aion.bin
This allowed me to launch 2 instances of the game. Any more than that, it would cause Aion to error and close all game windows.

I believe Mirai, that you may have missed these details in my post. As I was still writing it and editing it when you replied to the post.

So I have a question for you (Mirai). Why do I need to use the Aion.bin method if the method I am writing this post about works?
The Aion.bin method won't work for me. And I thought it might not work for other users of Innerspace.
The Launcher method does work for me, using the parameters I have included in this post. This is the reason I made this post. I was trying to help others who might be having the same problem that I was having.

See, from my experience With the info in the other post http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5053
Aion would not work. I could not launch more than 2 instances on one pc with those configurations in the other post.

The method I used was the original configuration, from the original Aion Shortcut on my desktop as written by NCSoft.
I used the same launch path to the launcher, and I used the same parameters for the launcher from the NCSoft Aion shortcut.
I added that configuration to Innerspace and it works fine. So if this method now works (and I gather by having to use the Aion.bin method, that the launcher method as written by Aion did not work back then) But it does now.
Why should we not use it? Is their some other reason I am not aware of? Does the Aion.bin method work for anyone else as of 4/29/14? Did the Launcher method maybe not work back then, because Innerspace was not able to work in a 64 bit environment? And now it has 64 bit capability?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:50 pm

Ridosaw wrote:So I have a question for you (Mirai). Why do I need to use the Aion.bin method if the method I am writing this post about works?

You don't need to use it, but I honestly forgot about the launcher parameters, and if they are working for you, then great. :) I'll have to add them to the Aion Wiki page when I get a chance.

Ridosaw wrote:See, from my experience With the info in the other post http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5053
Aion would not work. I could not launch more than 2 instances on one pc with those configurations in the other post.

The method I used was the original configuration, from the original Aion Shortcut on my desktop as written by NCSoft.
I used the same launch path to the launcher, and I used the same parameters for the launcher from the NCSoft Aion shortcut.
I added that configuration to Innerspace and it works fine. So if this method now works (and I gather by having to use the Aion.bin method, that the launcher method as written by Aion did not work back then) But it does now.
Why should we not use it? Is their some other reason I am not aware of?

If you want to use the launcher, then use it. I don't use launchers if I don't have to because I don't want to keep hitting "Play" or "Start" every time a new launcher comes up -- I just want to be able to launch my Character Set and then not have to mess with it anymore until the clients are all launched.

Not only that, but Aion takes a very long time to load each game client (about 45 seconds to reach the login screen), and if you're running a full party then multiply that time by six -- Just less than five minutes to launch six game clients. I think I could launch five World of Warcraft clients before I could launch two Aion clients.

Ridosaw wrote:Does the Aion.bin method work for anyone else as of 4/29/14?

Yes, I am able to load up my entire Character Set of six game clients.

Ridosaw wrote:Did the Launcher method maybe not work back then, because Innerspace was not able to work in a 64 bit environment? And now it has 64 bit capability?

As far as I know, you could always use the Launcher, but it was much different back in the day. I don't think 64-bit compatibility has anything to do with this since Aion has always had a 32-bit executable (and still does), but regardless, both versions of the client work with Inner Space.
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:39 am

MiRai wrote: I don't use launchers if I don't have to because I don't want to keep hitting "Play" or "Start" every time a new launcher comes up -- I just want to be able to launch my Character Set and then not have to mess with it anymore until the clients are all launched.

I know what you mean. However when using the NCSoft launcher now with Innerspace, there is no clicking play or start. When you run your character set for Aion. The NCSoft Launcher runs, appears on your screen, checks for any updates, if there are no updates, the launcher closes and the first instance of Aion launches. When that instance reaches the log in screen, a small dialogue box appears with the message "closing and restarting launcher". This time the launcher does not appear and check for updates. It just launches the next instance of Aion. When that 2nd instance of Aion reaches the log in screen, the same thing happens over again. It auto launches all 6 instances of the Aion game and you never need to press play or start.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:29 pm

I see what you're saying... If you choose to have the launcher auto-start the game in the options, then it will do so, but you're still not going to talk me into using the launcher because I launch two different bin files in my Character Set so that I can run special video settings -- This is something that I cannot achieve when using the launcher.
<<

Meshuggenah

Post Wed May 07, 2014 3:33 pm

I'm seeing the same results as Ridosaw. I can 6box fine using the launcher but attempting do run directly from Aion.bin (with parameters) won't connect.

Also having strange cursor sync issues. Ran through Mirai's Youtube guide to check aspect ratio, resolution, etc. and no joy.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed May 07, 2014 6:54 pm

Meshuggenah wrote:I'm seeing the same results as Ridosaw. I can 6box fine using the launcher but attempting do run directly from Aion.bin (with parameters) won't connect.

Also having strange cursor sync issues. Ran through Mirai's Youtube guide to check aspect ratio, resolution, etc. and no joy.

As of less than two minutes ago, I tested both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the North American client of Aion with the parameters listed on the Wiki and it is launching just fine w/o using the launcher.

If you need further assistance with the game, then you should start your own thread.
<<

crum1515

Post Wed May 07, 2014 7:27 pm

Just to support MiRai's findings, I box Aion frequently and have no issues not using the launcher, just verified 32/64.

Return to Aion