Post Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:34 pm

EQ 3 box setup click bars

I currently 3 box an SK, Shaman, and Mage on the EQ live servers. I "main" the SK and use click bars to send commands to the other 2 windows, where I have in-game EQ macros to fire off different abilities. I originally had one click bar. Some of the hot buttons would send a command to both the shaman and the mage. I.E.- Click bar button 1 would activate Ctrl+F1, which would tell the shaman to assist me, send in her pet, and then cast slow and malo on the mob. The same click bar would tell the mage to assist me and send in the pet. This causes 2 main issues:

1. Sometimes it would fire off for one character but not the other. This is not consistent though. This means that I'd have to reclick it again to get one of the characters to do what I wanted. Let's say the Shaman's hotkey did not activate. The mage pet is attacking, but I have to click my click bar button again to get the shaman to send in her pet, cast slow and malo. Now, my mage has to waste time using the command for a pet attack instead of doing something else like nuking.

2. Sometimes I lose flexibility when I don't want the characters doing the exact same things at the same time. I.E.-If I use a click bar to make the shaman DoT the mob while the Mage is nuking. On the second round of combat, I may not need to re-cast DoTs with the shaman because they are already active on the mob, but I still want the mage to nuke again. I can't necessarily use one button to make both other characters do something.

My solution to this was to create one click bar solely for the shaman, and one for the mage. The issue I'm running into is that I'm now clicking all over the place (one hotbar on the left for shaman, one on right for mage), and I'm losing a lot of time and speed with my attacks. Additionally, I still get issues from time to time where some clicks aren't kicking off properly, but it's so random that I can't tell if it's just EQ's server side lag, something I've done wrong in my EQ macro, or something with ISboxer.

I'm curious what other people are doing in their setup for comparison. Any thoughts or suggestions on how I can speed things up or make them more efficient? I don't necessarily want or need to be "the best boxer EVER," but it would be nice to streamline this a bit to make managing all 3 characters a bit easier.

Thanks.