FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Launch character set does nothing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Launch character set does nothing

I don't think random crashes during gameplay are the same issue.

Inner Space development build 6340 is now available, and may resolve the launch issue. Please let me know. To try it out, right click Inner Space and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space. When it comes back up, it should pop the window back up and to notify you of the available patch -- you will need to click "Patch these files".
<<

kaos00723

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:54 am

lax wrote:I don't think random crashes during gameplay are the same issue.

Inner Space development build 6340 is now available, and may resolve the launch issue. Please let me know. To try it out, right click Inner Space and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space. When it comes back up, it should pop the window back up and to notify you of the available patch -- you will need to click "Patch these files".

Thanks, will test out the dev build now and see how it goes.

Regarding the random client crashes, it definitely seems to be Inner Space causing the issue now. I have clients randomly crashing on three different PC's now when that wasn't an issue before the last patch. I've ran Inner Space and ISBoxer successfully for many years now and it's this last update causing all these issues.

Anyway, will see if the new dev build helps at all.
<<

kaos00723

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:00 pm

The development build didn't help. Still not working.
<<

Eqmule

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:49 pm

Be cool ok, I am looking into this, the user that reported the issue said it was working again and that it was his fault he had some hud issue he said. I did not open the dump file, I was about to but then he said it was fixed.
I’ll open it now mkay...
<<

EntropicGolem

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:45 pm

Running into the same issue. Information that might be helpful:
- Was working on 10/22 prior to the patch
- Reboot - Not working
- Confirmed that EQ program is running
- Re-created profiles - Not working
- Re-installed software - Not working
- Tried running without "other" program running - Launching, but not conforming to my window layout
- Updated settings to patch Dev - Not working

Pretty much inoperable at the moment.
Regards,
EG
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:46 pm

We've identified the problem.

There's a workaround built into the program for EQ1 (for quite some time now) that checks for Lavish.dll being loaded, and it works around this crash if that is found. The new auth system used by Inner Space no longer uses Lavish.dll.

So the fix is actually not going to be an Inner Space update, and the things I was trying in new development builds would have made no difference ... they will be providing an update for the other software. :)
<<

Eqmule

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:22 pm

Fix has been released.
<<

sbg2009

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:51 pm

nm, problem fixed
<<

Ryzon

Post Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:27 pm

Not sure if this is related, but it might help someone. I also had an issue where my HUD was completely borked with all the windows be being 100% transparent and none of the icons showing up. Lag was extremely bad and I was getting about 5 FPS. I ran /loadskin to reload my HUD, however the game froze and had to be terminated. After logging back in, my HUD and FPS was back to normal.
<<

emmadno

Post Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:09 am

Hi. I too am having this issue. Even just trying to launch straight from InnerSpace doesn't work. I have tried downloading the development patch and still no luck. Is there anything else I need to try?
PreviousNext

Return to EverQuest