FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Old Innerspace vs. constant crashes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Manni

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:33 am

Old Innerspace vs. constant crashes

Is there a possibility to go back to the last versions of Innerspace? Since patch of EQ and patch of Innerspace and patch of <edited> something is really borked atm. I tested so far everything and it is clearly a problem with the eqlsPlayerData-name_server.ini and the eqclient-name.ini. Removing all Ini-files and the crashes are gone. But this is no solution because I have extensive keymaps on 25 toons which will kill days in renewing again. There is really a tool missing to accurately and easy/fast change/control every preferences in the GUI/Keymaps etc. of multiple boxes. Before the Innerspace-Patch it worked. I assume because of extensive changes of the configuration of ISBoxer/Innerspace that perhaps some entries are wrong and kick the EQ-combination but I have no clue so far where to start for bug search. I tried it with WinEQ and it worked like a charm. If I start the toons with Innerspace then the trouble starts.

Any ideas would be great...
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:43 am

Re: Old Innerspace vs. constant crashes

https://www.lavishsoft.com/innerspace/archives build 6294 is the previous build, follow the instructions at the top of the page.

It is unclear to me from your post what you're actually having trouble with, but nobody else is reporting an issue with ISBoxer and EQ1. EQ1 issues after the patch yesterday were discussed in our EQ1 Discord channel, and they did indicate there were some issues with the game itself (i.e. issues they still got when they tried without IS/ISBoxer).

I assume because of extensive changes of the configuration of ISBoxer/Innerspace that perhaps some entries are wrong and kick the EQ-combination but I have no clue so far where to start for bug search.

Ummmmm.......... what "extensive changes of the configuration of ISBoxer/Innerspace" would you be referring to, that would make some kind of entry to what wrong, and what is "EQ-combination"?

There are no required changes as a result of this Inner Space update, which had only a short list of changes, not particularly extensive or relevant to EQ1. Thus my utter confusion.

Happy to try to help.
<<

Manni

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:49 am

and next: it is not the assumption of a wrong entry in these files, it is simple the presence of these files. After delete and relog all files are made new by the system (EQ/Innerspace) and then after logging in or simply also logging out random crashes occur. Deleteing the ini-files again works as long as no relogin happens.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:56 am

Was that with the prior release of InnerSpace (build 6294) or the current build (6305)?

Part of the problem here is you have a game, and you are adding in two separate things (InnerSpace and something else), and expecting all three to work nicely when all three patch at the same time. You may need to go down to two things, and see if just two of them work together.
<<

Manni

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:04 am

Interesting:
- deleted all eqlsPlayer/eqlclient-files again -> result:

6294: crashes at login disappeared, but the random hangs of the system are still present (was before too) - 1-2 out of 12 toons sometimes do nothing anymore (spinning circle of Win7x64 Ultimate)
6180: no problems with login, no hang of the system, works as intended

btw.: I don't have that problem on the second system with another 12 toons or on the third system with 1-12 toons. Both are on Win10Home/Win10Workstation.

Extensive changes mean: I have consolidated all toons and removed every test-entry for test/beta with ISBoxer - so I changed A LOT with ISBoxer. Many copy/rename-actions have been done. The eqlsPlayerData and eqlclient-Inis (name changed) have been modified too because I tried to get keymaps for every single alt/toon running.

At moment 25 toons are present and working. 12 with v6180 on Win7 and 13 with the latest version of Innerspace on Win10s.

SECOND TRY: copied old keymaps (eqlsPlayer/eqlclient-files) and tried with v6180 (original system, only with EQ/MQ2-Patches for the latest changes):

- all 12 toons on Win7/Innerspacev6180 are loading without crash (lucky me) and this time all have been started (like intended) from the Win10Workstation/Innerspace latest-System on the main computer (12 toons too).

-> so definitive problem with the latest Innerspace-Version.

I will use that v6180 because it seems this one works even better than the latest versions. I know it seems extensive but I love experiment with raid configurations and more-than-multiple accounts on 3 computers so my system seems to go on the limits of the tools ;)

Addon:
1. I modified ALL 25 toons and the name of the eqlclient/eqlsPlayerData.ini-files to get clear overview on ONE system
2. I transfered the saved XML-file to all computers and updated innerspace (export to innerspace)
3. Then update to innerspace from one main system worked
4. Then the crashes began

Assumption:
With changing the names on ONE system ISBoxer changes all names but because I only transfered the XML/Innerspace files but not the modified eqlsPlayerData/eqlclient-files, these files where missing on the Win7-System. So I assume that the latest version has some issues with no ini-files present.

Solution:
- renaming old eqlsPlayerData/eqlclient-files manually, starting Innerspace/EQ -> v6180 works :D :D :D :D :D

I have earned my dinner now.... pfffff...
I could perhaps change to the latest version of Innerspace but I am too happy with a working system to not dare to try that now...
<<

Manni

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:37 am

I couldn't resist. Now I renamed manually all original eqlsPlayerData/eqlclient-ini-files to match with the ones in the ISBoxer/XML-files:

v6305 (latest build):
- loading single from Win7 -> WORKS
- loading 24x over multiple computers (Win10) -> FAIL
-> 21 are loading - the last 3 on Win7 fail
-> after some tries, other accounts/toons stop and hang too (even with corrected ini-files)
- loading again single from Win7 -> FAIL -> giving up (there seems another bug/problem besides missing ini-files)

v6180:
- loading single from Win7 -> WORKS
- loading 24x over multiple computers (Win10) -> WORKS
-> all are properly loading
-> relogin of trouble-toons on Win7 -> WORKS

It seems if the config-files are missing then crashes occur. A short check in the code for available config-files would avoid that. I assume the v6180 has these lines present.
I also assume after that, that something else is borked in the v6305-release which hangs EQ which works in v6180. If more code has been removed which checks presence stuff for safety then this could be an issue (only assuming...)

Will observe how v6180 behaves in this combination.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:57 am

... maybe you should be providing Compatibility Diagnostics.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics

Return to EverQuest