FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Custom Menu - Keyboard Overlay issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Xukil

Post Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:51 am

Custom Menu - Keyboard Overlay issue

I followed the steps here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AmjRFjgWoo fairly closely...I can get the menu on screen but it doesn't respond to key presses...I can type in the chat windows and nothing happens and I can use tab that associated with a key broadcast and nothing happens...I remember hearing that there is a file or piece of an xml file that makes it so the overlay works as just an animation and doesn't interfere with key broadcast...I suspect its the other way around and the key broadcast is interfering with the overlay.

any ideas
<<

Xukil

Post Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:50 am

Re: Custom Menu - Keyboard Overlay issue

I figured it out. I needed to log out and reload the character. I used the console commands and it didn't link the .iss file or something.

I made a 1 button keyboard. And assigned it to the f1 key that's my spam key for my melee characters. I changed the graphics a red box for non pressed and a green box for pressed and a black box that says dps spam for mouse over. Now I can tell when my spam macro is running red is off and green is on. Now I have a mouse overlay that tells me what's going on. I'm sure there was an easier way to accomplish this but it's something I have wanted for years and finally saw a way to do it.

Thanks for the tutorial :o

Return to EverQuest