FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Game launches but not using the applied layout

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:41 am

Re: Game launches but not using the applied layout

r1pt1de wrote:So I ran into what sounds like a very similar, trying to get everything set up on my new 4k monitor, with a new install of EQ. I think the issue has something to do with trying to resize the window smaller than what the game has configured when using the high resolution monitor. This is what I did to fix it:

1. To fix it I launched the game with the standard EQ launcher,
2. Logged all the way in to the game
3. Switched the resolution to something smaller than what I wanted to use (I used 1440x900 for reference)
4. Logged out
5. Re-exported from IS
6. Launched character set
7. Problem resolved.

The OP's issue sounds as if Inner Space is not hooking into the game client properly.
Your issue sounds as if you're using display scaling (assigned a value other than 100%) when set to a 4K resolution, which generally breaks Window Layouts.
<<

eqitchy

Post Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:09 am

Re: Game launches but not using the applied layout

r1pt1de wrote:So I ran into what sounds like a very similar, trying to get everything set up on my new 4k monitor, with a new install of EQ. I think the issue has something to do with trying to resize the window smaller than what the game has configured when using the high resolution monitor. This is what I did to fix it:

1. To fix it I launched the game with the standard EQ launcher,
2. Logged all the way in to the game
3. Switched the resolution to something smaller than what I wanted to use (I used 1440x900 for reference)
4. Logged out
5. Re-exported from IS
6. Launched character set
7. Problem resolved.

Ok I did this, and it didn’t appear to work. But after I did this, I copied the content of eqclient and eqplayer ini data into the the virtualized ini files and it looks to have fixed the issue.

Thank you so much!
Previous

Return to EverQuest