FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Game launches but not using the applied layout

Moderator: MiRai

<<

eqitchy

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:41 pm

Game launches but not using the applied layout

Hey all,

I can't get the windows layout it work. Game launches characters launch but they don't layout at all.

https://pastebin.com/ydcL9Pxm
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:18 pm

Re: Game launches but not using the applied layout

As bob mentioned in Discord, we will need to see a compatibility diagnostic.
<<

eqitchy

Post Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:59 pm

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:52 am

At first guess, I would say that Avast could be interfering with Inner Space, so I would suggest uninstalling it (not disabling it) to test.
<<

eqitchy

Post Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:14 pm

Tried that, no luck. It's been working with Avast for years. I had an 18 box setup working for many months. I tried to switch 17 of them to a seperate file location and my trouble has ensued ever since. I was able to unwind those changes and make it work until this past weekend.
<<

eqitchy

Post Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:37 pm

MAybe a better descriptor of the situation. If I click char set or individual char to boot, game loads pops on screen then drops to taskbar. No window on desktop to click on and no main. I click the icon on taskbar and the game displays on the screen no alinged with any window layout.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:21 am

eqitchy wrote:MAybe a better descriptor of the situation. If I click char set or individual char to boot, game loads pops on screen then drops to taskbar. No window on desktop to click on and no main. I click the icon on taskbar and the game displays on the screen no alinged with any window layout.

I don't really have anything else for you to try in order to fix this issue, as your diagnostic is pretty clean and what you describe doesn't sound familiar to anything I've encountered in the past, but I can say that simply breaking up your Character Set to use multiple folders does not make it incompatible with a Window Layout.

Are you certain you've reverted your Characters, in ISBoxer, to all use the same install at this point? Perhaps the settings that were set in the second install are the cause of all of us, and it's now carried over to your main install—try deleting your configuration files for the game and let everything be recreated. Perhaps it's a display driver issue and you can fix it by re-installing your GPU driver (preferably without 3D Vision), but other than that,I don't really have anything else to go off of.

eqitchy wrote:It's been working with Avast for years.

I just want to point out that Avast has caused issues for many people in the past, and the fact that it's worked fine for you up until recently doesn't really hold much weight when the software itself automatically updates, usually without your knowledge, and any update to an A/V program could easily cause issues (again, as it has in the past).
<<

eqitchy

Post Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:44 pm

Thanks!
I uninstalled, removed from registry and reinstall using wizard with same results. I’m missing something I guess.
<<

eqitchy

Post Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:08 pm

Hey MiRai,
Wanted to thank you for all your help. I uninstalled the is bundle again, removed avast, cleaned registry fresh install of video driver. used wizard to setup from scratch. This time all boxes in the 2nd folder worked correctly, the main box in the 1st slot using the other eq folder ignored the windows layout. It looked to have the default 3840 X 2160 4k screen resolution. In game I set the display size to 1920 X 1080 and the game resized correctly but there remained a black screen still sized 3840 X 2160.

I tried it all over again a few times using only 1 folder and still no luck. I really appreciate everything, I'm just going to uninstall ISBoxer and run a batch file to open the eq games and deal with the task bar swapping.

Take care,
<<

r1pt1de

Post Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:02 pm

So I ran into what sounds like a very similar, trying to get everything set up on my new 4k monitor, with a new install of EQ. I think the issue has something to do with trying to resize the window smaller than what the game has configured when using the high resolution monitor. This is what I did to fix it:

1. To fix it I launched the game with the standard EQ launcher,
2. Logged all the way in to the game
3. Switched the resolution to something smaller than what I wanted to use (I used 1440x900 for reference)
4. Logged out
5. Re-exported from IS
6. Launched character set
7. Problem resolved.
Next

Return to EverQuest