FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Req example of rotation setup

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Fippy

Post Sat May 19, 2018 12:14 am

Req example of rotation setup

I've watched the rotation videos on Youtube, but these are for WoW. Are there any examples of a simple rotation for Everquest that I could study?

I tend to do everything manually, which works out OK. But I am curious about how a rotation in ISBoxer might work. I get the feeling that I'm not using a major feature of ISBoxer by continuing to do things by hand.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat May 19, 2018 10:58 am

Re: Req example of rotation setup

Fippy wrote:I've watched the rotation videos on Youtube, but these are for WoW. Are there any examples of a simple rotation for Everquest that I could study?

I tend to do everything manually, which works out OK. But I am curious about how a rotation in ISBoxer might work. I get the feeling that I'm not using a major feature of ISBoxer by continuing to do things by hand.

I can't comment specifically on EQ1 since I know nothing about the game or its classes, but the rotation examples given in, say, the "Build a Rotation" video for the Pro System are mostly game agnostic. The point of that video is to show you the different ways to build a rotation using several different approaches, and it comes down to the player playing <insert game> to know how rotations work in that game, for the spec/class.

Can you spam a handful of keys and expect somewhat of a rotation to work?
Are steps required?
Can you use an in-game macro to build a rotation (or rotations) and then spam those keys in ISBoxer to execute them?

These are the basic questions that need to be answered before anyone can build a rotation. Every class in every game is going to play differently, so experimentation, along with trial and error, is what is going to get you to your destination.

Other than that, perhaps firescue17's stickied thread has some information you're looking for.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat May 19, 2018 2:52 pm

Re: Req example of rotation setup

This one is also a good example. See the video demonstration linked at the bottom of the post.

Return to EverQuest