FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISboxer not loading character sets

Moderator: MiRai

<<

guy198o

Post Sun May 20, 2018 5:26 pm

Re: ISboxer not loading character sets

bob wrote:Just looking at the rest of the machine specs, I don't get why it's got a 10 year old graphics card with the rest of the hardware in the 3 year timeframe.

That is easy to answer I had a R9 290X 4GB but it overheated/shorted out and when that one is plugged in it would crash when playing recent games (ex. WOW: Legion) Thank you for the recommendations.
<<

guy198o

Post Wed May 23, 2018 5:45 pm

Okay dokie I installed a new graphics card the Geforce GTX 1080 SC but I'm still having the same problem. I redid the diagnostic just incase if new software is a problem. https://pastebin.com/d4n9AejV
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed May 23, 2018 5:54 pm

OK, does it still show similar in the Inner Space uplink? Nothing there about the session being assigned id IS1?

Did you do a clean install of the graphics drivers? and only the Driver/PhysX components (may need to chose a custom install for this) ?.

If so, you may be one of those lucky people where despite doing everything under the sun, it doesn't work until a reinstall of Windows. This is not something we like to recommend, as we'd much rather have answers as to why things don't work, but sometimes there is just that piece of mystery meat, and someone has to eat it.
<<

guy198o

Post Wed May 23, 2018 7:37 pm

bob wrote:OK, does it still show similar in the Inner Space uplink? Nothing there about the session being assigned id IS1?

What do you mean if it still shows similar and what is id IS1? Also, my driver is DirectX 12 not sure if isboxer support it.
<<

bob

Post Wed May 23, 2018 8:21 pm

In your previous post viewtopic.php?p=44066#p44066, it shows session names being assigned to the game.
It said
Code:
"Session Name 'everquest game14192' accepted for process D:\games\EQ\eqgame.exe"
There should be a followup line, where this Session name is reassigned to IS1 (for the first slot anyway). If this doesn't happen (or it doesn't get assigned straight away), then Inner Space is effectively not recognising the starting up of the directx API (9 in this case). i.e. it has no control over the game process. This normally happens because something is preventing Inner Space from loading it's API interface into the game (most commonly various Antivirus packages or other software which is doing something similar), but there is nothing that appearing in your compatibility diagnostic that would indicate, or be a potential cause. This leaves a bit of a mystery.

Yes, your graphics card, and driver supports DirectX12. It also supports 7.0, 7.0a, 7.1, 8.0, 8.0a, 8.1, 8.1a, 8.1b, 8.2, 9.0, 9.0a, 9.0b, 9.0c, 10.0, 10.1, 11.0, 11.1, and 11.2.
In theory, it should also be compatible with versions 1, 2.0a, 3.0a,/b/c, 5.0, 5.2, 6.0, 6.1, and 6.1a too. Although you might be hard pressed to find anything requiring less than DX5 these days.

Part of the ISBoxer toolkit installation process makes sure that the appropriate DirectX libraries it needs are installed on your computer, and will attempt to install any missing components. You already said you tried this earlier and I did provide a link to the appropriate download for it.
DXDiags will only show you the latest and greatest library details, and not necessarily details of previous versions.
<<

guy198o

Post Wed May 23, 2018 8:35 pm

Yea, it still does the one character launch and when it gets to the char screen I can't click on things. Its puzzle I use isboxer before on this comp 2yrs ago no issues. I did have to reinstall it due to a upgraded drive.

new launch.jpg
new launch.jpg (136.27 KiB) Viewed 5293 times

I appercaite you all working with me on this problem. I'm not very tech savvy.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed May 23, 2018 9:46 pm

We will need to see a fresh compatibility diagnostic, preferably from the game client that you are starting up through Inner Space.
<<

guy198o

Post Wed May 23, 2018 10:09 pm

MiRai wrote:We will need to see a fresh compatibility diagnostic, preferably from the game client that you are starting up through Inner Space.

Here you go https://pastebin.com/bByvrwgf
<<

guy198o

Post Thu May 24, 2018 6:07 pm

I fixed the issue. There was an issue with admin rights and I had my innerspace and ISboxer in my game folder but I needed to make a folder just for them. I had to do a lot of research in the forums to find the problems. Thank you for the help.
<<

bob

Post Thu May 24, 2018 6:37 pm

Really?..

Seems very odd considering your diags shows InnerSpace was running as an Admin process. Unless you have custom ACL's on your D:, I'm not sure I get that.
I did note you seem to have two EQ installations, one in D:\Games and another in D:\Games\EQ

However, all said, thanks for reporting back. We'll do some testing and see if we can reproduce.
PreviousNext

Return to EverQuest