FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Display problem since last EQ Patch :(

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Angahran

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:48 am

Display problem since last EQ Patch :(

Hi,

Since the latest EQ patch I have been having an odd display problem on one of my computers and I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion.

When I startup EQ, the display is fullscreen and covers the full screen with no visible borders.
But, if I press shift+alt+n, (the combo for 'normal' display), the display shrinks slightly and I see a white border at the top of the screen and I see the desktop background on the left and right of the screen.

Nothing I can do will get the display back to the fullscreen.

I have noticed one thing that is getting changed in the eqclient-character.ini file when I do this.
It is changing the following:
WindowedModeXOffset=-8
WindowedModeYOffset=-31

to

WindowedModeXOffset=-4
WindowedModeYOffset=-27

If I close innerspace and manually change these values back to -8 and -31 the screen shows fullscreen until I press the shift+alt+n combo again.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:19 am

Re: Display problem since last EQ Patch :(

ISBoxer Window Layouts are not expecting you to activate that, I'm more surprised that it worked for you before. I'd say you should either remove your Window Layout from your Character Set, or adjust your Window Layout to your liking...
<<

Angahran

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:49 am

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

I'm not using isboxer sets, just a single character profile.

If I run the game without innerspace, from the launcher, it looks ok.
But if I run from innerspace (which worked fine before the latest EQ patch), the EQ window is messed up.
I see part of a menu bar at the top, I can see a little of the desktop at either side and it's off the bottom of the screen :(

I've tried looking at the default eqclient.ini file vs the eqclient-character.ini file and I can't see anything different about resolutions, etc.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Essentially you appear to be reporting something like the following. "I press shift+alt+n and the game reponds and does stuff. I press shift+alt+n again, and the game no longer does stuff." So is it a question of the keypress not getting to the game, or the game just ignoring what you are sending it, or something else altogether because the game is in such a state it cannot do what you are asking it to do.

Besides all that, you may want to look to see if WIndows has lovingly added some application compatibility settings for you. You may need to look in the registry.
Or perhaps if you are running some other non isboxer scripts, then disable them all and see if you get the same behaviour on vanilla Inner Space.

You're not using ISBoxer? I can't be sure with the way you are describing things. If you are, then, it will still be trying to apply the window layout if you launch a specific slot, so Lax's comment of removing the Window Layout still applies.
You could also get a Compatibility Diagnostic.
<<

Angahran

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:38 pm

I am using the simple isboxer configuration, not the isboxer character sets, does that make sense ?

Prior to the latest EQ patch, when I used the ctrl_alt_f press (sorry, I said shift+alt+n in my original post), it would make the screen full screen.
Since that patch it does not do that, there is a gap on the left and right where the desktop is visible and part of the white title bar is visible at the top.

It is as if something is making 'fullscreen' to be a little less than 1920 wide and pushing it down the screen.

From the startup.iss file:
alias fullscreen "WindowCharacteristics -size fullscreen -pos -viewable \${Display.DesktopX},\${Display.DesktopY};fullscreenmouse"
bind fullscreenkey CTRLPLUSALT+f fullscreen

I don't know where innerspace/isboxer is getting the ${Display.DesktopX} and ${Display.DesktopY} values from, is it possible they are getting corrupted somehow, or would it be possible to hardcode the resolution ?

e.g.
alias fullscreen "WindowCharacteristics -size fullscreen -pos -viewable 1920,1080;fullscreenmouse"
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:53 am

I hope that when we're done here you're not offended when this thread goes away: This thread is not really ISBoxer-appropriate and will simply confuse every other ISBoxer user that comes looking for help on a "Display problem since an EQ Patch". This isn't an ISBoxer issue, and the solution when using ISBoxer would be "use a Window Layout". It's not about ISBoxer, it's about raw LavishScript and neither the team nor other ISBoxer users are trained or expecting to handle raw LavishScript. Pretty much the point of ISBoxer is to do that FOR you.

would it be possible to hardcode the resolution ?

You can edit the file (noting that it will be patched by an Inner Space update, though the Inner Space configuration window allows you to specify a different file -- you can copy the original and make changes), or you can even replace the alias and/or bind using the in-game console. You can make your own iss file and put it in the startup sequence. There's no reason you have to stick with what is in the default startup file. You can literally open the Inner Space console in game, paste in the alias command you are asking about, and see if it works for you. And indeed, you can use whatever values you want to try!

This command can be entered in an in-game IS console, and sets the window size to the full screen size, and sets the position to 0,0. If you have more than one monitor, using 0,0 is always going to refer to top left corner of the primary monitor.
Code:
WindowCharacteristics -size fullscreen -pos -viewable 0,0
<<

Angahran

Post Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:13 pm

1. My apologies for posting in the wrong forum :(
2. Thank you for that command, I'll try that.
<<

Angahran

Post Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:44 am

If you could tell me the correct forum to post in that would be great.

I think I have found the problem, just not the solution.

That command, "WindowCharacteristics -size fullscreen -pos -viewable 0,0", does not set to fully 'full screen'.
I'm guessing EQ must have made some behind the scenes changes to how it does it's graphics.

I've also noticed it is changing values in the 'eqclient.ini' (or whichever file is used):
[Defaults]
RestoredHeight=1090
RestoredWidth=1930
RestoredXOffset=-8
RestoredYOffset=-31
WindowedMode=TRUE

The following two it appears to change between -8/-31 and -4/-27)
WindowedModeXOffset=-8
WindowedModeYOffset=-31

[VideoMode]
WindowedHeight=1080
WindowedWidth=1920
<<

mistatk

Post Sun May 06, 2018 12:17 am

Since this april 18th EQ patch I also have the same issue. With out isboxer normal screen, with, missing rows of pixels. Tried reloading game and isboxer to fix, with no luck.

*** UI ***

- Fixed a display bug with the pet window when right clicking pet-buff icons.
- Updated /useitem to accept item names:
- - Specifying the full name of an item will now allow you to activate it directly without having to ensure the item is in a specific inventory slot.
- - This functionality now allows items in your key rings to be activated with the /useitem command.
- - Example: /useitem corrupted hammer of consternation
- Reduced the size of borders on a number of UI windows.
- Adventure point merchants will no longer display platinum prices.
- Changed the messaging at character creation when choosing a race/class/starting city that has not been unlocked on a server.
- When race changing, expansion-restricted cities and races will now be unavailable.
- Fixed an issue that prevented find destinations from being displayed on your map when mysterious forces prevented the route to that target from being drawn.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the border toggle setting from being saved.
- The /copylayout command will now look for any valid ini files in the uifiles folder in addition to the ini files in the main install folder.
- Selling an item with an augment in it to an Adventure Merchant should no longer cause your game to stop responding.
- Made the following improvements to item hotkeys:
- - Item hotkeys will now display the total count of items in your inventory, rather than the count of the first stack.
- - Items will now display the total number of charges for items that use them.
- - Item hotkeys for items that are no longer in your inventory will now display the icon/name of the missing item rather than 'Not Found'.
- - Pre-existing item hotkeys will need to be remade to get these updates.

I think the reduced borders on UI windows causes the issue, but i'm not sure how/why. All i know is I didn't have this issue prior to the patch, now i do.

Return to EverQuest